The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

:(

Malaysia Airlines is in the perfect storm, I doubt the company will survive much longer.

They also had the most unfortunate PR tweet before this incident:
HH73b3Z.png

Not good. Not good at all. If it does turn out the jet was shot down it could very well mean war.

between who?

Oekraine against its own civilians that rather would be russian? russia won't allow that and no government should ever attack its civilians
russia itself won't attack the rebels either, they're fighting the same cause
and holland and malaysia? they won't do anything...

Last edited:
Why? It's not their fault someone chose to shoot down an airliner.

Doesn't matter. Malaysia Airlines was in serious financial issues after MH370 and now they lost another plane.

Their reputation will be further damaged simply because morons will link this with the MH370 incident. They are done for.

Last edited:
I reckon leviathan did it.

On a lighter note, two pictures I took recently, one leaving my home airport, the other the airport where I'm staying for 3 weeks.

DSC_5854.JPG

DSC_5879.JPG

First picture taken around 9PM, second one as 00:30

Last edited:
Their reputation will be further damaged simply because morons will link this with the MH370 incident.

Indeed. People are already asking why they were flying over Ukraine.

(AvH currently locked or borked at 18:15 UK - link & site no

Link seems to be working again.

Last edited:
one of the passengers posted this on his facebook just before boarding

malaysiafb.jpg

with the text: in case it disappears, this is what it looks like! :?

I heard on the news that one poor Australian woman lost two relatives on MH370 and has now lost a step-daughter to this latest incident.

The 2014 CF-18 Demo Hornet

24241190_o.jpeg

9fbe5c2b_o.jpeg

9ca7970a_o.jpeg

7db6ffd9_o.jpeg

db96cacb_o.jpeg

70b64da9_o.jpeg

6402f867_o.jpeg

e4120e24_o.jpeg

T-33 Silverstar Mako Shark

bb01e154_o.jpeg

03906a60_o.jpeg

d95d1905_o.jpeg

between who?

Oekraine against its own civilians that rather would be russian? russia won't allow that and no government should ever attack its civilians
russia itself won't attack the rebels either, they're fighting the same cause
and holland and malaysia? they won't do anything...

The first point depends upon how reliable the results of the earlier election are. The big issue is the ties between the NATO countries involved in all this. How they view this attack on their citizens who were a victim of this attack will determine any coming actions and it could very well spiral into a major conflict. Even before this happened NATO has been stepping up its presence in the area in recent months and I myself have been a part of that due to the nature of my work.

Reports now are that the rebels attacked the plane with Russian weapons. I believe the tipping point will be how the rebels got those weapons. If they got them through dubious mean then so be it. But if Russia in any way helped arm them, oh man...

How dare you call those fuckers civilians?...
The real civilians are sitting in their homes praying for their lives and they don't give a shit anymore about political preferences.

Just like it was in Crimea, those are army forces without the distinctive insignia and a couple of brain-damaged natives. One of the separatists' staff is a man responsible in the past for the secret forces of Transnistria (the 23 years now separatist pro-russian area of my country). Guess which education/formation did he get to land in that position.

You've all seen russian car crash videos - do you really think that any group of those idiots can operate a missile complex to at least fire in the direction of an airplane at 10km in the sky?! And I mean complex - because it's not just an rpg with a trigger, it's at least 2-3 vehicles with at least 2-3 people with specific functions in each one.

Restrospective to the car crash videos - russians don't give a fuck, especially when they are brain-washed everyday and have a false hope of reenacting the past communist glory.

I love flying into Portland:

vztnfIV.jpg

There are more but I couldn't fit them all into the frame. :)

Do I spy the wing of an old Mad Dog?

:p

Beautiful scenery!

Do I spy the wing of an old Mad Dog?

:p

Good eye! Yes, it was a shitty American Airlines plane flying from DFW. I took a sister plane to Chicago a few days earlier. Neither had have any seat-back TVs or even drop down TVs! Thank goodness I had movies on my iPad for the 4 hour flights.

Does anyone else with a tablet/portable media bother with IFE? With those not so great headphones(recently they are better), low pixel LCDs (much better in business but not everyone flies it) with horrible viewing angles even on big name airlines, I find it much easier to fill up my tablet/laptop and watch my own content, than trust the airline to provide me with anything worth watching, because there are often so many pauses for announcements and whatnot its not worth it. There are a few gems worth watching and maybe a new movie you otherwise wouldnt watch in cinema but that's rare to me.

I usually fill up with fllight time + 2 hours of content to deal with pre and post flight delays if any and i enjoy my content so much that more than once ive seen passengers next to me peering over to see my quality content :lol:

Does anyone else with a tablet/portable media bother with IFE? With those not so great headphones(recently they are better), low pixel LCDs (much better in business but not everyone flies it) with horrible viewing angles even on big name airlines, I find it much easier to fill up my tablet/laptop and watch my own content, than trust the airline to provide me with anything worth watching, because there are often so many pauses for announcements and whatnot its not worth it. There are a few gems worth watching and maybe a new movie you otherwise wouldnt watch in cinema but that's rare to me.

I usually fill up with fllight time + 2 hours of content to deal with pre and post flight delays if any and i enjoy my content so much that more than once ive seen passengers next to me peering over to see my quality content :lol:

I usually bring my own stuff as a backup but often will watch stuff off the IFE just because it's stuff I haven't thought of, or heard of.

I also don't want to blow through battery on trans-Atlantic flights but when I went to Spain and back, every single seat had a USB port below the screen in order to charge your device. That was awesome. The slightly upgraded seats also had 110V power outlets.

Does anyone else with a tablet/portable media bother with IFE?
That depends entirely on the flight. If I want to sleep, I'll listen to something from the IFE or my player that will help me fall asleep. If there's a movie on the IFE that makes me curious, I'll watch it. If there's nothing (left) for me on the IFE, I'm awake and I have a means of charging my device, I'll use it.