The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Leadfoot866

Car(s)
'12 Ford Focus hatch, '06 Nissan Sentra sedan
Supposedly, even these re-purposed planes won't enter service until 2024. Even if that belligerent pumpkin wins a second term, he won't get to fly in them until his very last year in office.

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
:blink: This got terrifyingly close to becoming Tenerife 2.0, they could easily have taken with them the three wide body aircrafts on the taxiway.

Very close. Supposedly, if the Air Canada was less than 100 feet AGL when going around, and the next aircraft in Charlie taxiway was a Philippine Air Lines flight 115, which is an Airbus A340, which stands 55 feet high. So separation was around 40 feet.

Last edited:

lip

Car(s)
Audi S6 Barkwagon
^ Wow, that brings back memories: Dad had Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0 on his PC and I would make whole nights through doing virtual rounds at Meigs Field. :)

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Meigs field! Always a Microsoft favorite. I remember either FS98 or 2000 had the default flight start at Meigs, and then when it was "decomissioned" it also starred in some Midtown Madness racing games if I recall correctly.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I had a (probably pirated) copy of FS 3.0 on my mom's PC-XT. I remember Meigs Field well...

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Junior left the ground properly for the first time in his life today. He was airborne for just over 30 minutes, half of that in control all by himself. This could get expensive.....
...and he looks exactly as douchey as his father... :p

Just kidding...

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
I passed my checkride and now I'm officially a commercial pilot license holder! :dance: This is a long rating to train for and it feels great to finally have it all done. Now I'm rolling right into the training to become a flight instructor.

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Mercedes Benz A Limousine (2019, BMW F700GS (2014)
Congratulations, so how much can you smuggle per flight? :lol:

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
I saw the London Air Ambulance scooting by at about 100 feet, directly under the active landing approach of 27R, where aircraft are at about 1200 feet.

Only if I have information Kilo...:whistle:
.. have some Whisky from EGLL. :p