The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Ryanair is the euro equivalent of Spirit?

I fly EasyJet from time to time, no complaints. Ryanair is on my "avoid when reasonably possible" list, though I will fly with them if alternatives have significantly higher cost, worse timing, etc. - you just have to be aware of what you (don't) pay for. What I won't do again at all cost is Vueling, if it has to be a cheap Spanish airline I prefer Air Europa.

I don't think I have more than a handful segments with Air Berlin... most cases they've been more expensive than similar-classed alternatives such as Eurowings or EasyJet, or didn't operate connections I need such as HAM-FRA.
I will fly Niki for the first time, returning from LPA on December 23rd... going there with Ryanair, the only option to get there on the date I wanted without getting up in the middle of the night to catch a 6am or 10am departure.

I will fly Niki for the first time, returning from LPA on December 23rd... going there with Ryanair, the only option to get there on the date I wanted without getting up in the middle of the night to catch a 6am or 10am departure.

In my experience Niki is quite similar to Air Berlin which is no coincidence as they sometimes work together with flights, probably not the greatest but more than alright.

You just have to make sure they don't land on a wet spot as that often results in a big fiery crash.

Last edited:

The second and third clips look much more impressive compared to the first one since you can clearly see the curve that the plane describes while scooping up water. I guess at the first clip there was a curve as well, but as the guy taking the video was further down the length you can't see it as well as at the second and third clips.

Other impressive fire bomber clips:

Some slow mo-clips there:

Last edited:

Ryanair :shakefist:

My December flight to LPA was moved by 1h55m... The email claimed I could refund my ticket if the move was "by 1-2 hours" - currently tickets are less than half what I paid for, so I asked for the refund. The form on their website says "+/- 3h" :dunno: it still let me submit. Got their response now, customer service says nope, must be above two hours to refund :shakefist:

Last edited:
"Your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash"

You can ride my tail anytime.

"Buzzing the tower" got out of fashion I guess? :lol: But, phallus-shaped flight path? It's been done before, except, then it was only visible to a very small selection of people, namely those who actually sit and looks at Flight Radar 24 all day. Still, casually drawing penises everywhere never goes out of fashion. :mrgreen:

"Buzzing the tower" got out of fashion I guess? :lol: But, phallus-shaped flight path? It's been done before, except, then it was only visible to a very small selection of people, namely those who actually sit and looks at Flight Radar 24 all day. Still, casually drawing penises everywhere never goes out of fashion. :mrgreen:

8====@ - - - -

Nope. :D

"Get in my belly"!

A350-1000 is now type approved:

[video=youtube;5ES-teTIw7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ES-teTIw7k[/video]