The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Somebody give that pilot a bonus! :love: The aurora is the main reason why I aim for a window seat on the northern side (i.e. starboard going west and portside going east) on every transatlantic flight. And yet, it still took over 200 of those until I got to see this:

IMG_1745.jpeg

This was the flight, in case you're wondering where they did the 360:

Last edited:
"Standby to copy a number..."

Thread about bees grounding a plane.

I don't get why the beekeeper wasn't allowed to touch the plane. He would use a bee brush that is about as harmless as you can get. Or a vacuum removal system that would require a ludicrous amount of effort to damage the plane.

Just glad that the bees decided to exit stage left.

Someone may have picked that connection on purpose 😇

I’d be shocked if they hadn’t! :mrgreen:

Did you get a decent meal as well? Back when LATAM was still giving away biz class on their Frankfurt-Madrid flights (which then continued to Santiago de Chile), they surprised me very nicely by providing a full dinner.

I’d be shocked if they hadn’t! :mrgreen:

Did you get a decent meal as well? Back when LATAM was still giving away biz class on their Frankfurt-Madrid flights (which then continued to Santiago de Chile), they surprised me very nicely by providing a full dinner.
More a nice snack... Lamb cold cuts in curry, delish cheese, gipfeli, dessert. One let-down, they didn't use the twenty minutes waiting for French ATC for drinks :shakefist:

The return will be quite different, E195 & A220 🤏

The return will be quite different, E195 & A220 🤏
And here we go: Big fans, small plane 😏

PXL_20230515_123626388.jpg

pxl_20230515_124528754-jpg.3569300
PXL_20230515_124632418.MP.jpg

Saudis visiting Airbus Helicopters?

PXL_20230515_124545771.jpg

The British Empire (to scale)

Attachments

• PXL_20230515_124528754.jpg
    PXL_20230515_124528754.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Had my first "is there a doctor onboard?" moment a few days ago 😬 apparently someone collapsed during climbing, not sure how it turned out... Either very good or very bad, we did continue the 1.5h flight instead of pulling a U-turn right there and then 🤷‍♂️ were greeted by EMS at arrival.

PXL_20230510_073021378.jpg

I got several close fly-bys by various jets while charging at Jagel, didn't bother taking pictures because I was busy covering my ears 🙉

Same here near Nörvenich AB. I didn’t have to cover my ears, but the jets definitely interrupted my conversation, so it was hardly even an inconvenience.