The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
"Born down in a dead man's town, the first kick I took was when I hit the ground..tum de tum dun de dun...."
End up like a dog that's been beat too much
'till you spend half your life just to cover it up.

The Huey is the DC-3 of helicopters. I swear when the last Blackhawk goes to the boneyard there will be a Huey crew there to give the pilots a lift home.

[youtube]ug4crCJI1JI[/youtube]

Last edited:

Derek

Is Über
Car(s)
We're finally gonna need a car where we're going.

I'm not sure what war this is, but is that Creedence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son that I'm hearing in the background?

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #Spyder
^Probably Vietnam. Korean War Skyraiders tended to be Marine Corps or Navy, and blue.

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
Just figured out what it is. T-28 Trojan, single seater obviously, the two seater almost looks like a different plane. Pfft, I forgot, but then remembered, that trainers sometimes get used as low speed ground attack planes.

edit: And it's a VNAF plane, not a USAF, I was looking for USAF aircraft. Silly Vietnamese, using a roundel that looks almost identical to the American roundel.

Last edited:

nsx_23

Forum Addict

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ih_KBru6Co[/YOUTUBE]

Kiwi ingenunity.

Last edited:

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Probably Korea... because that's not a jet and I see no jungle.
FYI: We used Skyraiders in Vietnam as close support aircraft. As the Skyraiders were damaged and shot down we transitioned to the Dragonfly which was much easier for jet-era pilots to fly (they didn't have to re-train on pistons).

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
Yeah, I knew there was some prop planes used in Vietnam (heh, Dogfights, watching somewhat low budget CG (hey, they have limited time and personnel, I'm not knocking them) and old guys telling their war stories) but as I said that's even not an American plane so :p

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
It's an American built plane, just not with American markings. As you know, the political situation over there was, shall we say, "interesting." The US has been known to operate aircraft under the markings of other nations. Case in point: The Flying Tigers.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Dammit, I'm suffering from aviation withdrawal syndrome.......

Must. Get. To. Airport. Argh..........