http://img13.imageshack.**/img13/7986/volkmer5.jpg

Last edited:
airshows.jpg

Market-Garden_-_Landings.jpg

C47_releases_rations_near_Myitkyina.jpg

:cool:
DC-3 & Piston engines FTW!

Last edited:
One of only two still flying Avro Lancasters will be on display at the aviation museum here next week. I'm going down there on Monday to try to catch it landing, then ogle it up close. I'm hoping they'll fly in on the northwest-southeast running runway since the flight path for that one goes right by the museum. Warbirds are awesome.

at0620-xh134.jpg

168883682_f6dbbcd016_b.jpg

The English Electric Canberra. A wonderful aircraft, with a huge history in the RAF. The PR.9 Recon version has only just gone into retirement after 40 years!

One of only two still flying Avro Lancasters will be on display at the aviation museum here next week. I'm going down there on Monday to try to catch it landing, then ogle it up close. I'm hoping they'll fly in on the northwest-southeast running runway since the flight path for that one goes right by the museum. Warbirds are awesome.
I saw the one in the UK in flight at an airshow my-self, such an impressive beast, I love them.
Avro_Lancaster7,flygplanet.jpg

Also seen a DC-3, the Dakota/Skytrain military version, that was very cool too. Also my favourite Flight Sim plane. :D
2445990569_4cc0cf38b2.jpg

Love old planes.

Last edited:
I can't help wonder how much drag those guns produce....:lol:

Anyway, I can' resist posting this picture:

060202-F-6809H-101.jpg

And speaking of guns, here's a gun with wings:

A-10_Thunderbolt_II_Gun_Run.jpg

undergarmets.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell? Nearly 3 pages and no A10???

a-10-thunderbolt-1a.jpg

A-10_Thunderbolt_II_1.jpg

a-10.jpg

a10a4.jpg

If that doesn't either kill you or scare you off, the flying warship, aka AC130 sure will:
1(5).jpg

ac130-1.jpg

800px-DF-ST-89-00410.JPEG

(Firing 105mm howitzer)

The way in which the AC130 flies while in attack mode (in an inclined circle) cancels out nearly ever factor for calculating trajectory on the main gun: it hits where you aim, every time. It is truly a beast. A 40mm cannon, a 25mm chain gun, and a 105mm howitzer.

I'm a sucker for kinetic energy weapons, and these two planes have the most badass of all airframes.

Last edited:
B36.jpg

B-36 Peacemaker, the last reciprocating-engined strategic bomber. Six 28-cylinder twin spark radial engines. 336 spark plugs in total. Not to mention the four jet engines they bolted on for good measure. You know a technology's jumped the shark when....