500x_helicopter6.jpg

500x_helicopter7.jpg

Eurocopter Mercedes-Benz style EC145.

I'll take 2. ta.

I present a potential candidate for a finalgear helicopter:

500x_helicopter6.jpg

Eurocopter Mercedes-Benz style EC145.

I'll take 2. ta.

If you own your own helicopter why the slagging heck would you need a bike in the back?.... that's poor people's transportation :p

The Finalgear helicopter must be an M-24. It has a bigger passenger capacity.

plus rockets and missiles and machine guns.

Not the first association of Eurocopter and MB. I remember many years ago, they would give 500SL with the purchase of a AS355N.

I present a potential candidate for a TOP GEAR helicopter:

*snip*

FTFY

If you own your own helicopter why the slagging heck would you need a bike in the back?.... that's poor people's transportation :p

JC loves his Mercs, Hammond to fly it and the bike belongs to May. Those aren't golf bags per se - they only contain putters, because that's whay you use on the Greens!

Was it a real helicopter pilot or one who likes to play in a Robinson R22/R44 on weekends? If so google MOGAS. It's been used for a while, indeed with limitations.

To run auto gas in a piston-powered aircraft, you need the aircraft and engine to be certified to do so under a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC).

However, most small turbine engines (such as those found in many helicopters and turboprop-powered aircraft) can run on any grade of gasoline without any changes to the aircraft, engine or fuel system. The only restriction is a set number of hours running gasoline per overhaul period.

I'm partial to the 138th fighter wing emblem...

1193971.jpg

The Finalgear helicopter must be an M-24. It has a bigger passenger capacity.

plus rockets and missiles and machine guns.

I'd say the Eurocopter's supermodel carrying capacity is already quiet alright :p

But yeah, the M-24 in black would be pretty epic:

Mi24-Hind.jpg

I call dibs on the pilots seat.

Last edited:
This is probably the most awesome tail art of any aircraft in the USAF:

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2010/05/05/1698235.jpg

I used to live about 45 minutes away from their home base.

Also INB4 "That photo is Chocholaty delicious!"

What has been seen... :shock2:

100506wat.jpg

Hmm. I just learned that the USAF still uses F4 Phantoms.... as targets. On one hand Phantoms are one of the coolest jets how could you! But on the other hand, fighter pilots have to train somehow, and they aren't asploding every single Phantom in the fleet so I guess that's alright. I've seen some nosecam footage of fighter pilot training and WTF'd at when they actually shoot down planes, I didn't think of target drones, guess that explains that.

Hmm. I just learned that the USAF still uses F4 Phantoms.... as targets. On one hand Phantoms are one of the coolest jets how could you! But on the other hand, fighter pilots have to train somehow, and they aren't asploding every single Phantom in the fleet so I guess that's alright. I've seen some nosecam footage of fighter pilot training and WTF'd at when they actually shoot down planes, I didn't think of target drones, guess that explains that.

F4s were used as Wild Weasles until just a few years ago. Many air forces still fly the Phantom, and the US is a principle parts supplier. There's a great show on History about the aircraft boneyards.

Despite appearances, this particular airplane is awesome:

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2010/05/07/777px-F-106_unmanned_landing.jpg

But KaJuN, it crashed. Why is it awesome? This is why:

The aircraft on display was involved in an unusual incident. During a training mission from Malmstrom Air Force Base on Feb. 2, 1970, it suddenly entered an uncontrollable flat spin forcing the pilot to eject. Unpiloted, the aircraft recovered on its own, apparently due to the balance and configuration changes caused by the ejection, and miraculously made a gentle belly landing in a snow-covered field near Big Sandy, Mont. After minor repairs, the aircraft was returned to service. It last served with the 49th Fighter Interceptor Squadron before being brought to the museum in August 1986.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4085

^lol...I remember reading some articles before that some Air Force pilot was landing and got into some sort of trouble, he ejected only to find out the jet somehow landed itself on the runway perfectly.

Different planes have different spin recovery techniques. The F4's spin recovery was to do nothing. Don't touch anything, sit on your damn hands and let the aircraft sort itself out.

If you really, really want to do something, you are allowed to pray that you have enough altitude for a recovery.