The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

First A350 out of the paint shop:
Nice, though you left out the best one: :p
8736234134_e66a4063e2_h.jpg

If Airbus manages to get this out in a reasonably timely fashion, not several years 787-style late, it's going to be a very strong competitior, as the larger A350-900 and -1000 (Replacements for the A340-300/600 respectively) will bring tough competitor to the 777-200/300ER. The current version of the 787 (787-8) is a smaller jet, from what I understand it's mostly used on long and "thin" intercontinental routes with few(ish) passengers. This is a different approach by Boeing and Airbus; When bringing out their first composite airliner they prioritized differently, Boeing brings out the smaller wide-body-liner, while Airbus goes for the big one. The latter obviously aiming to replace their 4-engine workhorse A340 which is sensible. On the narrow body market, they are both most likely to be beaten to it by Bombardier with their C-series

Last edited:
On the narrow body market, they are both most likely to be beaten to it by Bombardier with their C-series

Speaking of narrow-body developments, Mitsubishi wants to join in on the fun...

ILA_2010_Samstag_250.JPG

Linkity-link-link

They're hoping to have the first flight later this year and is expected to debut with All Nippon sometime in 2015.
Interestingly, SkyWest Inc. (United Express, Delta Connection, U.S. Airways Express, American Eagle) has taken an interest in the little Mitsu and expects to have its first aircraft delivered around 2017.

It is a little smaller than the CSeries, though. More of a competitor to the CRJ-700/-900.

Last edited:
I'm surprised more planes don't have a more pointed nose like that Mitsubishi.

As we fast approach the 70th anniversary of the infamous 'Dambusters' raid, I'm looking for some interesting Lancaster images (such as the very low one that Kajun posted). If anyone has any that they don't mind sharing, I'll get them posted onto the RAF BBMF Facebook page for others to enjoy while we build up to the big event on Thursday!

One more to identify, around 1:00 >>

[video=youtube;FRSH-egVyzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSH-egVyzk[/video]

aka the helicopters in MASH. ;)

Haha, I sympathize and know that problem! Luckily my car isn't honestly that low to the ground (4-5 inches of clearance) but my front bumper overhangs so far that I scrape driveways and stuff. :(

I have a new line to add to my little green card:

Multi-Engine Instructor

:cheers:

Dead foot dead engine, dead foot dead engine... Oh the memories!