The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

It looks like it is at Birmingham Airport EGBB, Alitalia do have 767s but the livery looks different, no idea who's it is though. :?
First Choice Airways (now Thomson'sfly-fliers or whatever godawful name TUI came up with last week)

The Alitalia comment was in reference to a recent trip of mine; I don't think I've ever been been taken through the corners of a taxiway at that sort of speed. :lol:

So are you gonna show up on that "Dangerous Flights" TV show about ferry pilots now? :p

Will they make it before the deadline?? Will their relationship survive the flight, or will the plane tear them and itself apart?? Find out next time on....DANGEROUS FLIGHTS!!!

Will they make it before the deadline?? Will their relationship survive the flight, or will the plane tear them and itself apart?? Find out next time on....DANGEROUS FLIGHTS!!!

Or in my case... Will there be enough Perrier to last the rest of the flight!?

Thank you so much everyone, it's really a dream come true. I can't wait to get my hands on the real thing!

First Choice Airways (now Thomson'sfly-fliers or whatever godawful name TUI came up with last week)

The Alitalia comment was in reference to a recent trip of mine; I don't think I've ever been been taken through the corners of a taxiway at that sort of speed. :lol:

I hadn't seen your other post about your trip to Rome. And yes, Thompson is based in Birmingham so sounds correct.
Thank you so much everyone, it's really a dream come true. I can't wait to get my hands on the real thing!

I'll bet that's true! Good luck with the rest of the program too. :cool:

I hadn't seen your other post about your trip to Rome.
Oh, no worries, that post over in Random Thoughts came later than the one in here - it was just a random thought. :)

Speaking of random thoughts, here's another one concerning a safety card recently seen on British Airways:

BAW_detail.jpg

I absolutely love that sort of attention to detail.

The kid has an awesome concord shirt.

Mmmmmh... :happy:

I guess I'm weird. My last flights were on Sunday, the next will be on Sunday, and yet I already miss flying and can hardly wait... even though next Sunday will start at stupid o'clock in the morning and end past midnight.

Oh, no worries, that post over in Random Thoughts came later than the one in here - it was just a random thought. :)

Speaking of random thoughts, here's another one concerning a safety card recently seen on British Airways:

BAW_detail.jpg

I absolutely love that sort of attention to detail.

I saw that same card just yesterday. Dad's black, mom's ginger, kid is mixed race. They spend all their money on PC flight safety material and I no longer get a complimentary G&T!! :mad:

EDIT: This concept should be mandatory on all passenger aircraft!

Last edited:
The sea-plane force the USN wanted after WW2 came up with some interesting ideas. Particularly the Corvair Sea Dart.

Speaking of navy planes, here is an F-8 Crusader flying with its wings folded!

* snip F-8 pic *

That's amazing and not something I'd thought possible.

anyone know the back story to this photo?

I was wondering that too, then I came upon this on Wiki:

F-8 Crusader

Wiki said:
Mishap rate

The Crusader was not an easy aircraft to fly, and was often unforgiving in carrier landings where it suffered from yaw instability, and the poorly-designed, castoring nose undercarriage made steering on the deck problematic. It earned a reputation as an "ensign killer" during its early service introduction.[10] The nozzle and air intake were so low when the aircraft was on the ground or the flight deck that the crews called the aircraft, "the Gator". Not surprisingly, the Crusader's mishap rate was relatively high compared to its contemporaries, the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk and the F-4 Phantom II.

However, the aircraft did possess some amazing capabilities, as proved when several Crusader pilots took off with the wings folded. One of these episodes took place on 23 August 1960; a Crusader with the wings folded took off from Napoli Capodichino in full afterburner, climbed to 5,000 ft (1,500 m) and then returned to land successfully. The pilot, absent minded but evidently a good "stick man," complained that the control forces were higher than normal. Also evidently and collectively absent minded, but performing as a team up to a fault, the ground crew helped the ace pilot to his most momentous stint. The Crusader was capable of flying in this state, though the pilot would be required to reduce aircraft weight by ejecting stores and fuel prior to landing

No issues here in Firefox with Adblock Plus.