The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

That is not a Buick I am familiar with. I thought either Cougar or something from Mopar.

warbirds said:
The marvelous Wilson ?Connie? Edwards has been in the news a fair bit of late following the announcement of him placing his unique collection of a half dozen Hispano Buchon fighters on the market.
(These were the ME109 look-a-likes used during the aerial scenes.)
.. which were sold recently at auction and made ?4m. :cool:

Battle of Britain Movie (1969) -wiki said:
Stunt coordinator Wilson Connie Edwards retained a Mark IX spitfire, six Buchons, and a P-51 Mustang in lieu of payment, which were stored in Texas until sold to collectors in 2014.

What is that car in behind the seaplane?

Dunno about the car, but I think the seaplane was one of these:

Grumman G-21 Goose -wiki

:smile:

Try an A380 if you get the chance. You'll be impressed, that thing is less noisy during takeoff than a Cripple Seven (Boeing 777) in cruise.

Haven't had that chance to go in an A380 yet. The last time I flew that long was FRA-LAX on an LH 747-8i in business class on the upper deck. I found it to have disappointingly much wind noise up there, it was actually significantly quieterer in the SK A340 on the way home, SFO-CPH.

I agree. It's much nicer on the main deck of the 747-400 than on the upper deck of the 747-8i. However, the main deck of the latter trumps both IMHO.

Last edited:
You forgot this....

Nissan_Figaro_Front.jpg

A 3000+ fpm sink rate in an ERJ feels odd. Does it feel the same to the guys in the cockpits of business jets of similar size? ;-)

Not if you enter the descent smoothly. Chances are, if coming down at 3000fpm, ATC asked you to hustle it and you kinda had to throw everyone into their straps. We actually feel it worse than the pax do since we sit so far forward of the aircraft's CG

So I subscribed to Flying Magazine and it turns out my Private Pilot checkride examiner is one of the editors. Aviation is a small world! Also, had I known this beforehand I would have been much more intimidated for the checkride.