The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

It flies.

Not so much DUCK! as GO PRONE!

Look, it's a crash in slow mo... - no wait, it's not in slow motion...

Yeah, it is so slow, it was barely noticed.

f4E5j7s.png

:lol:

:rofl:

In other news, RAM 737-700 out of Frankfurt seems to have some issues getting off the ground...

RAM explanation:

Royal Air Maroc said:
Following dissemination of false information about flight AT-811 of July 23rd, Frankfurt - Casablanca, we wish to clarify that Frankfurt tower advised the captain of our flight in question of possible wake turbulence as result of a simultaneous landing of an A330. As result the captain performed a maneouver to accelerate in order to achieve speeds which permitted safe takeoff.

Yeah, whatever... :unsure:

Last edited:
Looks like he nearly dragged his tail while he was at it.

V1 and rotate... and rotate... and rotate.

During one of my latest flights I fell asleep before take-off and only woke up quite some time later when the pilot did the worst landing I ever witnessed. It honestly felt like the suspension would break off the plane. He must have thought the landing strip was about one meter further down that it actually was, because he hit it quite damn hard and nearly everybody in the cabin either made a surprised sound or went very quiet.

That could be a problem.

Wasn't this built so that the front would not fall off?

Also TIL (you people may know this already since you're nerds) but there is an alien-tiger-hind-hybrid!