The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Look, chemtrails ... err contrails...

Chemtrails should be called (as in pronounced) "shame-trails" because believing in them is something people should be ashamed of.

I never understood why anyone going to such efforts to spread chemicals around would want those chemicals to stay in the vapor trail.

From the linked LiveATC forums:
United 001 (a 787-9 with 280 souls, and 30,000 gallons of fuel) was the only one who radioed about it and he didn't sound too happy.
If it wasn't so terrifying I would laugh about that remark...

Well, at least it isn't just Harrison Ford that makes such mistakes...

Did not make me feel better either.

It would be pretty shitty for them to close that possibility for tourists, there are plenty of warning signs. If you go and get hurt in a place where there's a warning sign saying "you could get hurt" then it's entirely your fault.

NTSB released pictures of the Air Canada 759 incident in KSFO:

dca17ia148-fig2.jpg

dca17ia148-fig3.jpg

dca17ia148-fig4.jpg

:-o:shock:

i have no idea what i'm looking at...

The pictures are not showing up, or you just don't recognize the airplanes on the ground.

In this picture:

dca17ia148-fig3.jpg

we can see one of the airplanes on the ground directly below AC759.

That was really close. I still have no idea how this could even happen. Can't you see you're way off the ILS? Furthermore runway lights are so much more distinctive than taxiway lights. And also there's the visual queue of four airplanes standing right where you're trying to land.

One pilot doing this mistake is bad enough but there were two pilots in that cockpit. What kinda drugs did they take??

The pictures are not showing up, or you just don't recognize the airplanes on the ground.

In this picture:

[picture]

we can see one of the airplanes on the ground directly below AC759.
:blink: This got terrifyingly close to becoming Tenerife 2.0, they could easily have taken with them the three wide body aircrafts on the taxiway. :-o

In other news, the next Air Force One will be a pair of 747-8, as they will be taking over the the two airframes that were built for the Russian low cost carrier Transaero before they went bust.

new-af1-woodys-wa.jpg

i have no idea what i'm looking at...

Did you see this in the Aviation Herald? :smile:
(See below RDK's prior Post)

Aviation Herald said:
Incident: Canada A320 at San Francisco on Jul 7th 2017, lined up with taxiway for landing
By Simon Hradecky, created Tuesday, Jul 11th 2017 13:32Z, last updated Thursday, Aug 3rd 2017 10:31Z

An Air Canada Airbus A320-200, registration C-FKCK performing flight AC-759 from Toronto,ON (Canada) to San Francisco,CA (USA) with 140 people on board, was on final approach to runway 28R in night conditions being cleared to land at about 23:56L (06:56Z Jul 8th),

when a short time after reading back the landing clearance the crew queried tower to confirm they were cleared to land advising they were seeing lights on the runway,

tower advised the runway was clear and they were cleared to land indeed.

Another voice chimed in calling they were lined up with the taxiway, tower immediately instructed AC-759 to go around as result commenting it looked like they were lined up for taxiway C. The aircraft went around from below 100 feet AGL. Other flight crew taxiing their aircraft on taxiway C commented the A320 was flying straight over them. The A320 positioned for another approach and landed safely about 15 minutes later.

Air Canada 759 on approach in SFO lined-itself up with taxiway Charlie instead of runway 28R. Ooops.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4ab79f58&opt=0

https://forums.liveatc.net/atcaviation-audio-clips/7-july-ksfo-ac759-go-around/

:blink: This got terrifyingly close to becoming Tenerife 2.0, they could easily have taken with them the three wide body aircrafts on the taxiway. :-o

In other news, the next Air Force One will be a pair of 747-8, as they will be taking over the the two airframes that were built for the Russian low cost carrier Transaero before they went bust.

new-af1-woodys-wa.jpg

So, these will be the first Air Force Ones to have stripperpoles and hot tubs right?

Last edited:
The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Correction, for the duration of the Angry Cheeto's reign, it will be referred as "Hair Force One."