The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

fireship watercannons can easily take up airport firetrucks in a fight...
Well, yes, and by the time those eventually arrive at the scene, you would hope for a decent amount of power! ;)

Well, yes, and by the time those eventually arrive at the scene, you would hope for a decent amount of power! ;)
Well depends on your geography :p our fire ships aren't far from the canal locks, the power station, the navy, the shipyard, the cruise terminals, the central train station, the airport, ... though to be fair they can't reach the actual runway from the water, only the disused navy helicopter base.

All the water ?
ColorMagic_Ankunft_Kiel2007.jpg

As for power... the red one has more than 500kW in pumps, for over 1000m³ per hour of wet. I like how airport firetrucks specify in "per minute" because they run out of tank too quickly to think about hours ? that tugboat will only do 700m³ an hour ?

If you pay attention on boats you'll notice lots of boats actually have watercannons, I've seen them on every Norwegian fjord ferry for example. SAR ships too, coast guard, etc... the next watercannon is closer than you might think, if you're near a large body of water.

I just like the power to either extinguish or exterminate boats, depending on where you point and what you set the dial to :evil:

"Mildly Damp" <-------------------------------->"Fuck everything in that general direction"

IMG_20210625_101423.jpg

IMG_20210625_101424.jpg

Took some potato shots of a C-serie landing this morning.

I still haven't flown on one.

Completely new aircraft, nothing in common with the CRJ.

Good enough that Boeing felt so threatened by it they basically forced Bombardier out of business, and good enough that Airbus swooped in and took it over.

Completely new aircraft, nothing in common with the CRJ.

Good enough that Boeing felt so threatened by it they basically forced Bombardier out of business, and good enough that Airbus swooped in and took it over.
Yes, basically that. So happy that tactic blew up in Boeing's face.

Since the making of that video the 300 % tariff was dropped, happened in January 2018.

A local village had a flyover of a Dakota yesterday in memorial of five RAF servicemen who died in two crashes in 1944. Information about the crashes is available here. I wasn't sure of the exact route the plane would take but I was lucky enough to get some photos as it circled twice.

Nah I'm just messing with you.
DSC_5909_P_S1920.jpg

Beautiful machine. Something something shutter speed and propellers... I'm out of practice so was taking no risks.

Oh yeah and my house is apparently a regular waypoint for the Red Arrows at the moment as they attend shows again, often seeing the 9 of them going directly overhead. No photos or video, sadly. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
A local village had a flyover of a Dakota yesterday in memorial of five RAF servicemen who died in two crashes in 1944. Information about the crashes is available here. I wasn't sure of the exact route the plane would take but I was lucky enough to get some photos as it circled twice.

Nah I'm just messing with you.
DSC_5909_P_S1920.jpg

Beautiful machine. Something something shutter speed and propellers... I'm out of practice so was taking no risks.

Oh yeah and my house is apparently a regular waypoint for the Red Arrows at the moment as they attend shows again, often seeing the 9 of them going directly overhead. No photos or video, sadly. Maybe next time.
This is like a big foot sighting or lochness monster. ?

Michigan looks like this!

Part of Michigan Air National Guard training.

Yup, it's called highway strip, those were created mostly during the cold war to temporarily replace degraded or destroyed air bases. Nowadays at least in Germany many of them are being removed when the highways are redone to improve safety for the main function since fortunately the probability of ever needing them is pretty low.

Sadly, I think this is a wet dream.

The last LH A380 is on its way to Teruel, awesome footage from landing gear testing :blowup:

Ignore the German-ness, the pictures alone are cool.

I didn't know they were discontinuing the 380.