The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

That’s quite significant because tl;dr: lots of Russian operators use Bermuda (as well as other islands) as a sort of flag of convenience. After the Bermudan authorities declare those aircraft not airworthy because they no longer have access to them due to sanctions, that means they legally have to stay on the ground.

I would do it in first class on a 787 or A-380.

Rent a plane for a party?

A question not answered in the article: why have they closed-up shop? Did they just lose too much market share to competition to remain relevant/competitive/profitable?

I don't know for sure, but could it be that there was a similar product line offered from Bombardier?

A question not answered in the article: why have they closed-up shop? Did they just lose too much market share to competition to remain relevant/competitive/profitable?
From what I read the main problem is that the core selling point of the Learjet is speed. But that comes with the disadvantages of higher fuel consumption, and, more importantly, no standing height in the cabin. Competitors offer more luxury and lower running cost, leading to a drop in orders.

Last edited:
They've been owned by Bombardier for years, it's probably their corporate daddy consolidating the brand.

They've been owned by Bombardier for years, it's probably their corporate daddy consolidating the brand.

This.

Also, on the speed front, the Cessna Citation X has held that crown for a while, and the super business jets (G550 and 650, Global Express) now have both the speed, the range and the large cabin size.

Also, on the speed front, the Cessna Citation X has held that crown for a while, and the super business jets (G550 and 650, Global Express) now have both the speed, the range and the large cabin size.
So basically, design outdated and instead of introducing a new design under the Lear name they are sunsetting the brand.

Here is an older article about what will happen to the facility.