The Best Looking Engine Bay?

6.jpg

:love:

and that alfa looks georgeous as well
the engine bay, the only place were i like shiny bits :D

1st generation Ford Taurus SHO
DE69B_SHO_motor_2.JPG

(of course, kudos to Yamaha since they were the ones that built the engines for Ford)

Ford BOSS 429
70boss429eng2.jpg

Ford 427 Cammer
uf427soh.jpg

& just about anything Alfa Romeo

Last edited:
The Challenger, are there other pics that I'm not seeing (only one in my browser)? It's just your standard issue plastic molding. I prefer the look of completely separated runners myself.

To each their own I guess.

This is the photo I'm talking about:
http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/2962/challengereng2500ra5.jpg

Sorry I don't have a better photo. I can't really tell of those are covers over the headers or not, but it certainly doesn't have those large plastic panels that completely obscure the engine.

Oh, you want to go that route, huh?

The Mormon Meteor, 1935:

http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/7876/5312h5meteor005qaq1.jpg

400 bhp
420 cubic inch inline eight-cylinder engine
Dual overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
Supercharged, dual carburetors
3-speed manual gearbox

This is the photo I'm talking about:
Sorry I don't have a better photo. I can't really tell of those are covers over the headers or not, but it certainly doesn't have those large plastic panels that completely obscure the engine.

All the new "hemi's" have that same plastic cover over the valve covers and the plastic intake manifold. It's nothing special on the charger. Honestly though, the engine is rather ugly without them IMO.

*tractor pull pics*
Those aren't engine bays more like engines with cars bolted them.

Oh, you want to go that route, huh?

Don't you guys make me post Turbo Offy pics :lol:

Last edited:
Actually I do like the look of the Mormon Meteor engine bay, just enough plumbing to be interesting but not so much as to be overwhelming. I think it looks pretty good.

Duesenburg straight-8 + Zoomies + 400hp, whats not to like?

I just love Offy's. They look awsome, and the fact that blowing head gaskets is an impossibility with them is just awesome. Plus they sound great.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I honestly did a search and didn't find a thread already about this. If there is, slap me.:mrgreen:

So what car do you think has the best looking engine bay?

I like a simple clean looking engine bay. My vote is for the R8 engine:
0610_z+2008_audi_r8+engine_intake.jpg

And my other vote is for the SL55 engine (well, almost any AMG engine will do)8):
1484995_38.jpg

How can you possibly like the plastic fantastic Mercedes engines? :?
Another car maker that makes engine bays like that is Volkswagen... plastic engine covers deserve to go to hell. It is the best way to ruin the looks of an engine. Anything else is ok. :)

How can you possibly like the plastic fantastic Mercedes engines? :?
Another car maker that makes engine bays like that is Volkswagen... plastic engine covers deserve to go to hell. It is the best way to ruin the looks of an engine. Anything else is ok. :)
Look at my avatar. Plastic or not, at least the plastic looks good.:lol:

For some reason I've always thought these were cool, probably because they're so unique.
http://img296.imageshack.**/img296/2017/vwyr2.png

I always thought the Veyron engine "bay" looked like it was just 2 vacuum cleaners on the deck lid.

The dual plenum's are the hoses, and the heat exchangers on the sides were the body of the vacuum.

I don't understand how that is just assumed to be a great engine bay. Yes the Veyron has a lot of power, but you can't really see the thing making it.

mob3_1143627544.jpg

couldn't find a pic of the engine in the car - but i do love that turbo