The Best Pub Names

There is one down the street called "A Bar Named Sue"

"The Pheasant Pluckers" always makes me smile......

The Barking Fish in Saskatoon, not bad wouldnt go there though

Somewhere close to "Dick's" (burger place) in Seattle was another restaurant called "Phuket."

Pronounce that like a bunch of pervy high school kids and try not to giggle.

"Phuket...with our Dick's."

^It's not a pub, but there's a Vietnamese restaurant here in Sacramento called Pho King.

The bar/pub we ran essentially out of our apartment all senior year was called Lucky Tuesdays.

Interesting. In my social circle we have a longstanding tradition of organizing our biggest events for Tuesdays - and we aren't alone. Go to a "normal" bar on a Tuesday night, and they'll probably close at 11PM and the only people there are a few drunken bums. Go to a student bar, on the other hand, and there's a respectable turnout - but mostly of older students. Seniors and graduates mostly. The Just-21 crowd will be conspicuously absent.

I think there's just some sort of draw towards Tuesday nights being a sort of counterculture late-collegiate powerhouse - it stands in stark contrast to the freshman-heavy weekends, and is strategically located so that you've (maybe) been to all your classes once that week, and as such know just how fucked you are and need to unwind.

Interesting. In my social circle we have a longstanding tradition of organizing our biggest events for Tuesdays - and we aren't alone. Go to a "normal" bar on a Tuesday night, and they'll probably close at 11PM and the only people there are a few drunken bums. Go to a student bar, on the other hand, and there's a respectable turnout - but mostly of older students. Seniors and graduates mostly. The Just-21 crowd will be conspicuously absent.

I think there's just some sort of draw towards Tuesday nights being a sort of counterculture late-collegiate powerhouse - it stands in stark contrast to the freshman-heavy weekends, and is strategically located so that you've (maybe) been to all your classes once that week, and as such know just how fucked you are and need to unwind.

How odd. Here in Melbourne Thursday night seems to be the big uni night. Highly inconvenient for me because Friday is my longest day of classes, so I don't think I'll be participating in many of those nights.

My favourite pub name that I've been to is the Frog and Roastbeef in Val Thorens, France.

There's a place here in Kansas City called 'John's Big Deck'. It's a 3 story bar with huge deck on the roof.

In German the word "Bar" means pub... -bar is also a word ending syllable meaning 'able'... so there are some pretty funny names...

Trink Bar (meaning... drinkable)
Sansi Bar

I've heard of a student pub

Integrier Bar (meaning integrable)

and many more... some funny stuff.

Right next village there is a pub called Q-Stall.... Q is pronounced Kuh (cow) and Stall is a barn.. And everything inside is painted with black dots etc...

Right next village there is a pub called Q-Stall.... Q is pronounced Kuh (cow) and Stall is a barn.. And everything inside is painted with black dots etc...
I love it! :wub: