The best road race gt car

Well, your posted picture looks a lot like a silver C6 Corvette convertible.

No it looks much more like a 1967 Aston Martin DBS

**NetCarShow.com Corvette hotlink image**

I wonder why that is?

Use wikipedia if you don't want everyone else to see a C6 Corvette.

Anyhow I guess Ford felt they could rip off the DBS for the '70 Stang, it isn't like Aston could sue them when they themselves ripped off the original Mustang.

Anyhow thanks ironically to Ford Aston started in a new direction. Now they rip off Jaguar styling. :p

No that would be Ian Callum ripping himself off

He was officially part of Jaguar. And the DB7 wasn't his design. He just made the grill more Astony and removed the popup headlights from the XJ41.

Ford, who owned Jaguar and Aston at the time, have something entirely different to say than what Aston currently claims. Ford says they gave the XJ41/42 design (which was penned by Helfet) to Aston, which had Callum "Astonize" it and then put it into production.

In fact, underneath all that, it's still a Jag XJS. Right down to the all-steel body, inboard rear brakes and modular rear subframe of the parent platform. Just like the original XJ41 design called for - and unlike the Virage before it or the Vanquish after it. It even uses the XJS' AJ6/16 engine, albeit destroked, with the XJR's supercharger bolted onto it and breathed on by (reportedly) Cosworth.

The DB7 remains a Jaguar design cancelled by Ford and given to Aston.

No, this. You can haz hotlink fail.

Picture+13.png

Last edited:
Ford, who owned Jaguar and Aston at the time, have something entirely different to say than what Aston currently claims. Ford says they gave the XJ41/42 design (which was penned by Helfet) to Aston, which had Callum "Astonize" it and then put it into production.

In fact, underneath all that, it's still a Jag XJS. Right down to the all-steel body, inboard rear brakes and modular rear subframe of the parent platform. Just like the original XJ41 design called for - and unlike the Virage before it or the Vanquish after it. It even uses the XJS' AJ6/16 engine, albeit destroked, with the XJR's supercharger bolted onto it and breathed on by (reportedly) Cosworth.

The DB7 remains a Jaguar design cancelled by Ford and given to Aston.

Seems that I can have even less respect for Callum now, thanks.

No, this. You can haz hotlink fail.

Picture+13.png

Weak...

Aston_Martin_DBS_V8_and_Series_II.jpg

Which looks hardly anything like:

1964-mustang-rc.jpg

Do them pictures work?

Yeah, those pictures worked, but that first one you linked in reply to Matt ended up being a silver C6 Corvette. :p

As for Callum... well, everyone here knows I have no respect for the man whatsoever.

Last edited:
i think in 2004 or 05 (a europe one), the gumball was won by the fat oaf Kimball Schmidt.... however he only won because he nearly gunned down a load of pedestrians on the broadwalk. the guys who came second and nearly won it were two english lads driving a chipped E46 330d and they were keeping tabs on lambos and all sorts.

i wanna know what Alex Roy does for a living because im sure when he started doing these gumball things it wasnt anything special.. his M5 was second hand. but he seems to of made a living of the back of gumball celebrity. he has books, dvd's, clothing, the works and he's a bit of a love/hate character

That was 2004 Schmitz "won" it, the English lads in the diesel are Ant & Pete (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVNbX0T7j0). Roy owns a travel agency "Europe by Car". He got his M5 with 10k or so miles on it, but I believe he owns a couple of them now (144a and 144b). He's doing a web-show for Fast Lane Daily now called Road Testament, where him and his friend kind of rip-off Top Gear's humour while talking about what cars are cool and un-cool, which no doubt came about from his Gumball status.