The Biden Years

Last edited:

I get what they are saying, but IMO, the way this is apparently handled is the best possible outcome. Deposited assets are being protected, bank's assets are being liquidated, executives fired, likely a DOJ investigation into the executives, and as many of the lower-tier jobs preserved as possible, all with a quick turnaround to help calm nerves and prevent mass runs on banks.

That seems like the dream outcome, short of preventing it in the first place.

I get what they are saying, but IMO, the way this is apparently handled is the best possible outcome. Deposited assets are being protected, bank's assets are being liquidated, executives fired, likely a DOJ investigation into the executives, and as many of the lower-tier jobs preserved as possible, all with a quick turnaround to help calm nerves and prevent mass runs on banks.

That seems like the dream outcome, short of preventing it in the first place.

I agree, but call it what it is.

I agree, but call it what it is.
I think the word "bailout" has been tainted, and honestly disagree that it should apply to such a broad spectrum of circumstances. Let's say you get deep into debt, and your parents "bail you out"...by kicking you out of the house, paying off your debt but using funds from an account you've been paying into for a rainy day, and sells all of your stuff to help pay for it, and then anyone who depended on anything from you still gets what they need, but your dad tells them that you're no longer involved, and their needs are now being met by "GRtak's Dad". Is that really being "bailed out"? In a strict sense of the word, sure...but I think maybe the cultural understanding and colloquial use of the word "bailout" has evolved, and doesn't really fit the SVB scenario. Maybe technically it's a discinction without a difference, but in my head there is a difference.

Somebody needs to tell the kid that is not grandpa. 😂

Ohhh I already saw that one on the World Bollard Association twitter 🤣
Yes, that is exactly what it sounds like. Endless idiots being defeated by bollards.