The Big Rig thread!

Why do none of your trucks start, ever?

Why do none of your trucks start, ever?

No other company uses 7 year old trucks.

Today the office rang "we have no paperwork for a drop in St Helens on the 1st, here's the trailer number...."

Fuck me, I don't remember where I set off from this morning. Luckily I use my phone/Google maps which stores EVERYTHING.

Google timeline shows where I was for 3 hours and suggests "where you at X company?" Little bit of street view and I get no memory of the street or business, so I try the next street and everything comes back to me.

Yep, here you go. I was here and here's why there's no paperwork.

I do have a truck Nav and haven't used it once, Google maps is incredible. (Occasionally it will try and send me down a stupid road, which I avoid... As it thinks I'm a car)

Finding a river to drown myself in, my 2 hour max journey took 3 and a half.... Load was pissed so I spent 2 hours to unload instead of 1... Oh and my seat went pop and collapsed whilst driving.

Currently at an abatoir, so it's even more fun for me today.

Fuck you, Scotland.

Scotland home to dry and warm tarmac, oh no wait, wet and cold. So which fucking genius decided to put multiple speed bumps up a fucking hill? Do I brake, and then light the wheels trying to gain traction? Or take the brunt? I decided to do a little of both.

Wiped out a pheasant yesterday which was unpleasant.

Today went to an abatoir to collect cow skins, are they cleaned? No, not really, just peeled off the cow and doused in rock salt.

A trailer pulled up next to me whilst I'm getting loaded, the cows knew. What I didn't know, was the driver of that trailer pulled what I assume is a bath plug as cow piss began pouring out of the thing.

So I guess it could be worse.

In conclusion, fuck Scotland.

I think we may have figured out why truck drivers murder prostitutes....

Today... Back to Hull, washed truck, had a sandwich... Which was awful and thrown away immediately. Then got sent to the proper truck wash with a trailer. <_<

Get to the truck wash and ok, it was my fault. The guy came around the corner as I came around the other and spunked suds over me.

Get to the truck wash and ok, it was my fault. The guy came around the corner as I came around the other and spunked suds over me.

You claim to be British, yet you regularly fail at Englishing.

Aldi is such a racket, I DO NOT work for Aldi.

I picked up a container of 33 pallets of the usual Aldi counterfeit goods of well known products. I get to the NDC and the guy says "sign here to say you can use an electric pallet truck"

"But, I can't"

Anyway after an exhaustive 90 second induction, I am given a key to a shoddy little pallet truck... For a company I do not work for... as I am a driver (and a questionable one at that) not a fucking warehouse guy... Or even fucking work for Aldi.

I knew that actual Aldi drivers had to do this for stores, but not randomers at the big distribution centers.

In conclusion, fuck Aldi.

That should go into the things that annoy me thread, there is nothing to do with big rigs.

[video]https://youtu.be/U41fJ-pd2vE[/video]

Because race truck?

Last edited:
Just had a stroke, bloody student fancy accommodation.

"Sure, I can squeeze an artic down a 3 inch wide alleyway... In the middle of a city centre.... At 8am, chaos ensued and buildings not clipped... Just about. Kia Sportage survived by having a low bonnet and swinging the trailer over it.

Just had a stroke, bloody student fancy accommodation.

"Sure, I can squeeze an artic down a 3 inch wide alleyway... In the middle of a city centre.... At 8am, chaos ensued and buildings not clipped... Just about. Kia Sportage survived by having a low bonnet and swinging the trailer over it.

Welcome to my previous job, that sort of thing was an at least daily occurrence....you get used to it.

what's an artic?

google keeps returning arctic stuff :/

If I had to guess I'd say it's an abbreviation for "articulated lorry".

Fuck me, because my company is a flagship of amazeness... Next week they're shipping me and my wagon off to a local supermarket chain. The local chain that cannot keep its own drivers, why? Well, every store is on a street/shopping arcade with NO loading bays at all. It's a case of park a 45 foot trailer where you can and drag cages across various car parks and roads.

I'm allegedly getting an 'unloader' for the week, which lets be honest ain't gonna fucking happen. So this is my last post as I'm going to commit barbercide.

I'm on containers again this week... Which is awful.
For the first time I got tipped by one of those sky crane thingys at the docks... These guys deserve a billion pound wages. It looks like a fucking awful job. The guy in front was getting loaded and was parked a bit pissed, the crane guy has to load and load at an angle from a thousand miles in the air. (I wonder if their necks are fucked???)

P.s. I believe there was a 'simulator' of this job on Steam somewhere. Probably Rick's GOTY.