The Big Rig thread!

NIPPON BANZAI!

Or Dekotora if you like.

Also superheroes needed

NO NO NO NO NO

Carbage thread it that way.... fuck it, I will do it meself.

if I was in Japan, i can guarantee that I would be run over by one of those trucks thinking it was an arcade game or photo booth

if I was in Japan, i can guarantee that I would be run over by one of those trucks thinking it was an arcade game or photo booth

Same, but I'm sure it would be a result of an epileptic seizure.

I'm still undecided if they are carbage or awesome......then again I feel that way about Japan as a whole :p

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this

So what about this? Cool or carbage?

I personally wouldn't want to style my truck in that way. I'd be scared shitless of getting scratches and dings from forklifts etc. It's a money making tool, after all. I'd want a crapload of HID truck lights on the roof, LED everywhere else, and the biggest V8, and perhaps a painted cab... but that's just ridiculous.

There's a Finn that's famous for his styled trucks. Ristimaa Trucking. I see at least one of them on pretty much every roadtrip I do. Usually the green Upcider truck.

https://www.google.fi/search?ix=acb...,cf.osb&fp=7a2d4a8dcb4605ce&biw=1542&bih=1262

So what about this? Cool or carbage?

I personally wouldn't want to style my truck in that way. I'd be scared shitless of getting scratches and dings from forklifts etc. It's a money making tool, after all. I'd want a crapload of HID truck lights on the roof, LED everywhere else, and the biggest V8, and perhaps a painted cab... but that's just ridiculous.

There's a Finn that's famous for his styled trucks. Ristimaa Trucking. I see at least one of them on pretty much every roadtrip I do. Usually the green Upcider truck.

Not my thing in graphics style, but well enough executed, risk of damage from forklifts and stuff should be minimal, both truck and trailer are rear loading boxcars and those tend to mostly back up to loading docks, more often then not there are not even forklifts present outside large shipping places these days.
I would say the risk of some idiot in a car or on a bycycle slamming into it on the street is much higher.

Truck Vader?
Good description! Here's another picture of it. As you can see it's the MKR Technology Renault Trucks Race Premium-truck.

Whenever I see a fully motive painted truck trailer combo it's usually finnish. Or if it's not finnish, it's from so far north that as far as we can tell it should be Finland. Places with lots of double A and K :D
Ristimaa is probably unbeatable on this continent at least.

Here's one from Kattilavaara. Not extreme but the side opens so forklift danger.

Here's one not from the north, but Eskilstuna which is sort of middleish.

68UHz.jpg

Last edited:
You're right. It's weird because I could have sworn that there was a truck there when I posted it but I don't see one anymore either. Must be the wrong picture. So in order for you to get a closer look at the MKR Technology Renault Trucks Race Premium-truck here's a new picture taken so close the truck cannot escape us this time.

...where did it go? I think it's safe to say that the MKR Technology Renault Trucks Race Premium-truck is equipped with a cloaking device that manipulates photos of itself.

Let's try to get in really close and surprise it

Gaah it escaped again!

Last edited:
I find it interesting that people paint matching trucks and trailers. I was always under the impression that drivers often changed up what trailer they were pulling much like a train.

It is normal for a fleet driver to just drop and snatch, but not for owner/operators. They own their equipment and will make it all pretty. There are also a few companies that like the trailer to match the truck.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that people paint matching trucks and trailers. I was always under the impression that drivers often changed up what trailer they were pulling much like a train.

i always found that weird.
so every trucker just trusts the brakes and general condition of every trailer that's hooked up to his truck?

i think i would have my trailer, and mine only, and no one touches it, and i'm not pulling someone else's junk!