The Big Rig thread!

Ah but it isn't a bus with a trailer, it's a articulated bus. So you only need D (bus) to drive it. Apparently when the concept was new trucks could only do 70, and with this you could do a 100, which is quite a difference. These days normal drivers are chugging away at the limiter at 89.

Last edited:
Australia says hi:

P1020871.JPG

Road_Train_Australia.jpg

pics-max-14974-365746-australian-volvo-road-train.jpg

road-train-pemberton-australia+1152_12797248885-tpfil02aw-26039.jpg

And this tops them all:

http://desmond.imageshack.**/Himg194/scaled.php?server=194&filename=bulkhaulroadtrain.jpg&res=landing

1000hp of fury.
Does Australia not have any rail roads?

A few but not really

I have been watching these latvians video on how it's like to truck around Europe, and I actually saw all parts as the secret trucker I am.

Here's one of the 7 parts that shows what it's like. They have a basic route between Oslo and Italy and pickup cabotage inbetween.

And then the same uploader ruins their credibility with a video like this, showing quite clearly the danger of allowing low wage truckers far from the domestic justice system to roam free ("within cabotage") in the union. Night time driving in Germany.

Last edited:
It's a german key so it does EVERYTHING! :D

Sorry for poor quality video

Congratulations rickhamilton! I have a beige interior for you! One that I remember well because I've worked with it, instrument pods 1 and 2 (big curvy one being 2) and the vents and that tray table. We threw away many many tray tables because of small imperfections. Scania are picky. And there was much caressing of the pods to make sure they were soft and didnt have any "zits". Each individual vent blade is also soft touch treated and inspected. Fiddly job.

View attachment 6401
]

The beige, the soft plastic...:wub:...:p

I think I want to coat my dash vents in soft touch now....brb.

this is the roads in Norway...

Now imagine when we get foreign drivers on these roads and those conditions... it tends to never go well, Lithuanian and Polish drivers.. with some kind of aversion towards chains, and proper tires, keep crashing here.
Leading to the video that made the rounds on teh intarmawebs, with the truck pulling the tow truck off a cliff.

Maybe not a big rig, but...

dakar-rally-truck-jump-02.jpg

7% gradient? Bloody sheilas! Mt Ousley Road which truck drivers must conquer to travel between Wollongong (where the state's main sea port is) and Sydney (where everything has to go) has a gradient of over 10%, over 15% on parts. Speed limit is 80km/h, cars usually do closer to 100. Trucks struggle, especially those loaded with two trailers full of coal. Fun times when they think they can overtake each other, I've seen instances where trucks have blocked all three lanes trying to overtake one another on an incline, the fastest going a maximum 40km/h.

But seriously, what does that thing do?

Break, alot, leaving you stranded in the middle of bumfuck nowhere I can imagine.

*not a fan of electronic gismos in work trucks me*

Ah but it isn't a bus with a trailer, it's a articulated bus. So you only need D (bus) to drive it. Apparently when the concept was new trucks could only do 70, and with this you could do a 100, which is quite a difference. These days normal drivers are chugging away at the limiter at 89.

Oh yeah that's right, bendy busses only need a D to drive, forgot about that.....whitch is absoluutly moronic since public transport bus drivers tend to be absoluutly bottom tier having enough trouble just getting around in a normal bus.

The fact most of them where longterm unemployed people forced into driving a bus after beeing 'given' their licence doesn't help with that.......I only get on a bus a few times a year (ironicly when the worktruck goes away for a few days for servicing and I need to get home) and every single time I feel like telling them to please step away from the steeringwheel and let me drive.......then again I always feel like that whenever someone else is driving :p

Last edited:
Break, alot, leaving you stranded in the middle of bumfuck nowhere I can imagine.

*not a fan of electronic gismos in work trucks me*
I bet people said that about the electric starter too when Cadillac brought it to market in 1912.

I bet people said that about the electric starter too when Cadillac brought it to market in 1912.

Cadillac retained the crank starter as a backup for a very long time after that, though. Does the Actros have a conventional key backup?

Cadillac retained the crank starter as a backup for a very long time after that, though. Does the Actros have a conventional key backup?

It wouldn't surprise me if that fancy key worked like 90% of the auto world's fancy keys and had a mechanical key inside.

I know that Chrysler/MB's FOBIK has a regular key to unlock the car inside the weirdly shaped key with no metal part

fobik1.jpg

....though I don't know if that regular key can start the car since the car doesn't have a traditional keyhole: pry off a chrysler start stop button and you'll see a hole for the FOBIK to go into/turn but that's it.

Last edited:
How has this not been posted yet

I love the movie...

Also, I love trucks with ludicrously long sleeper cabs.

I used to want to be a trucker because of trucks like these.

Last edited:
Those are not sleeper cabs, they are small apartments on wheels...