The Bionic Hamster

TurnerGTX

Rodent runner

WITH what materials was Richard Hammond rebuilt after his car crash?

We ask because he no longer seems entirely human.

Here is a man who, after 13 nightmarish hours stuck in traffic, abandons his car in pouring rain and runs an astonishing 16 miles home in the dead of night.

His admirable motive . . . to be there for his daughter?s birthday.

There?s an animal that keeps on running in such a way, albeit normally round a wheel.

Is Hammond now part man, part hamster?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,31-2007330836,00.html

The Hamster has made the front page of The Sun newspaper. The full story won't be online for a few hours.

That's badass and hardcore.

Kamina approved.

I put this in a thread I started, but you beat me to it, so here's the story Sky News ran.

'I Just Put My iPod On And Went'

TV presenter Richard Hammond reportedly ran 16 miles to make it home for his daughter's fourth birthday after abandoning his car in flood traffic.

The 37-year-old had been driving from London to his home in Herefordshire on Friday when he became stuck in jams caused by flooding in the area.

After a 12-hour journey, the presenter abandoned his Porsche 911 Carrera in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, at around 3am on Saturday morning and ran home.

He told The Daily Mirror: "There was no way I was going to miss it - I'm away from home enough as it is.
Advertisement

"Luckily I had my running gear and a waterproof jacket with me in the car, so I decided to run the rest of the way. It was pitch black but I just put my iPod on and went."

The star, nicknamed Hamster, arrived home in Bromesberrow at 5.30am, in time to spend the day with his wife Mindy and daughters Willow and Izzy.

Hammond, who was seriously injured in a high-speed crash in September last year, said: "I had a hot shower and a bacon buttie, and not long after that Willow got up and we had a lovely time for her birthday."

The Mirror also reported that Hammond leapt into action again over the weekend.

He borrowed a fishing boat and rescued his neighbours from their flooded house in nearby Hawbridge.

Source

^ Haha, I love the Lewis Hamilton is human! bit :lol:

Glad to see we have finally answered a question which has been plaguing mankind since 1931, a hamster truly is faster than a Porsche.

That's parenting HARDCORE MODE.

I'm no big fan of Hamster, but all credit to him, he's one top dad. :)

p.s. Trust the Sun to run a trivial story like this on their front page :d

Wow, he's like Forrest Gump! (except Hammond did have a particular reason for running)

well i think that's the most mundane story to ever make the front page of a newspaper (note, daily star does not count)

Surely though, The Sun was just trying to post something cheery to brighten up some peoples day, cos every other broadsheet and tabloid posted grim headlines and photos of water everywhere.

Surely though, The Sun was just trying to post something cheery to brighten up some peoples day, cos every other broadsheet and tabloid posted grim headlines and photos of water everywhere.

That's no real excuse, and The Sun has a track record of putting rubbish on it's front page on a daily basis. Like all other Murdoch media outlets.

Wow, kudos to him!

And, yes, the Sun is putrid ape dung and basically a tabloid rag; here in Canada, as well.

[upon reading story] every housewife in the UK: "awww..."