The BlackBerry Thread

Hahaha nice

Not enough. They didn't really have much for tech support until now so two people are hired to do the entire backlog... I am not working directly for the company though so once we get them up to speed I will be handling other software.

Compared to my past jobs in fast food and retail, it's unfathomably good.

I've just gotten a Curve 8900, and I quite like it! Coming from an iPhone, it's certainly a huge upgrade when it comes to IM and email. Internet browsing feels like it's many generations behind the iPhone however. That said, I'd still pick the Blackberry over the iPhone anytime - just for the simple fact that I feel better connected with it than I did with the iPhone.

I tried the Bolt browser for a while. I don't like how it takes you to another screen whenever you're filling out a form; then you've to press the menu button and hit "OK" to go back to the page. Between Bolt and the default browser, I actually like the default browser better. Just make sure "browser identification" is set to Firefox; that way you get the full HTML versions of the websites that you visit, and not the gawdy WAP version ones. Disabling javascript also helps speed things up.

Yah I've gotten rid of the Bolt browser as I don't see a difference with it at all, and doesn't work with some web access sites I have to visit for work whereas the standard browser does.

BBM5 is awesome! I highly recommend it to everyone. This is my barcode:

bbm_barcode.jpg

Just broke my Curve 8900 getting it replaced hopefully by TMobile with insurance...

Got a new theme thanks to crackberry.com

http://img517.imageshack.**/img517/6449/capture125423.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.**/img265/1712/capture133137.jpg

This thread needs a bump, who's (still) using a BlackBerry here at FinalGear?
I've got my 9780 for about a year now and looking to upgrade to a 9900, apps are starting to improve too of late, e.g. Wikitude and Angry Birds.
The main reason I'm sticking with RIM is the mail client and excellent physical keyboard.

I had my Tour 9630 for a while, then went to a Motorola Droid 2 because I thought I was getting more out of what I was paying per month. I sold the Droid 2 and now I have a Bold 9930 and couldn't be happier.

BlackBerry makes the most solid phone there is, both physically and OS-wise.

This thread needs a bump, who's (still) using a BlackBerry here at FinalGear?
I've got my 9780 for about a year now and looking to upgrade to a 9900, apps are starting to improve too of late, e.g. Wikitude and Angry Birds.
The main reason I'm sticking with RIM is the mail client and excellent physical keyboard.

A fellow 9780 owner! :cool:

I bought my 9780 for the physical keyboard and solid feeling earlier this year, and while it does occasionally act up (My battery seems to come loose from the connections sometimes, causing a restart. I've been meaning to get around to fixing it by sticking a toothpick or something in there to keep it from moving), all in all it's been a great phone. I'd like to upgrade to the 9900 but alas I'm on a contract, and by the time that expires the BBX devices will be out and about.

A fellow 9780 owner! :cool:

I bought my 9780 for the physical keyboard and solid feeling earlier this year, and while it does occasionally act up (My battery seems to come loose from the connections sometimes, causing a restart. I've been meaning to get around to fixing it by sticking a toothpick or something in there to keep it from moving), all in all it's been a great phone. I'd like to upgrade to the 9900 but alas I'm on a contract, and by the time that expires the BBX devices will be out and about.

I've wrapped some transparant tape around the left and right edges of the battery to stop it moving, will take a picture when I get home.

I'm still perfectly happy with my 9780 but the 9900 fixes all the small issues I have with my current device (browsing, processing power when installing apps).

I'm still perfectly happy with my 9780 but the 9900 fixes all the small issues I have with my current device (browsing, processing power when installing apps).

The 9900/9930 is so smooth in everything it does. The browser is right there with the browsers you get from Android and iOS.

Also, if its available in your country, BlackBerry Traffic has turned into a great GPS app.

It sadly isn't, since I got my in car vent mount for my phone I have used Google Maps a few times for navigation, have been looking at some turn by turn navigation apps too but haven't found one I'd comfortably throw money at.

Does the 9900/9930 have an actual GPS antenna or is it A-GPS only?

Edit:

Here's my fix for the 9780's battery
IMG_20111226_222226.jpg

Last edited:
It actually has GPS, which makes it work 100x better than my Tour that would only be able to find my location 3% of the time.