The Blacklist

Bretton Woods

A criminal mastermind of 20 years mischievousness surrenders himself to the FBI in order to help them capture the world's most dangerous criminals whilst pursuing his own agenda.

James Spader. Need I say more?

Watch this show, the pilot deserves that 45 minutes of your time eve if you don't decide to pick this up. I thought it was compelling, with enough mystery to capture repeat viewings and the cast is well done. Do yourself a favour and watch it.

Watched the Pilot. Looks interesting enough to watch the next episode.

I'm not sure I like how much the gave away about her husband not being who he says he is. It seems like that "mystery" has progressed too far for the pilot episode. It just bothers me. Also, it seems many obvious references were made that Red is her father but its never actually said. Just my $0.2

Watched the Pilot. Looks interesting enough to watch the next episode.

I'm not sure I like how much the gave away about her husband not being who he says he is. It seems like that "mystery" has progressed too far for the pilot episode. It just bothers me. Also, it seems many obvious references were made that Red is her father but its never actually said. Just my $0.2

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Seems like they gave away an awful lot, and you'd think they'd have saved those secrets for later instead of wasting them in the first episode. I was also annoyed that they basically showed the entire episode in the trailer I watched. Other than that, I'm enjoying the show.

I started thinking she's his daughter as soon as I realized they chose an actress who actually looks like she could be James Spader's daughter

alright so either they're setting it up to make it look like he's her father only to have some plot twist where he actually isn't, or they really think the audience is as thick as she is and isn't picking up on all the obvious hints being dropped.
Its getting annoying!

It's been confirmed that the network is picking the show up for a full run of 22 episodes next year. Episode 10 aired this week, will return on January 13th, to complete the 22 episode season.

It will be interesting to see who the mole is.
I still have no idea what her husband is up to, but I don't particularly like him much.

She finally asked Red if he is her real father, and he denied it. Wondering if that is for the purpose of protecting her, or if it's actually true.
The storyline with her "Dad" and in hospital threw up more questions, as did Red buying and blowing up his old home.

I'll bet Red is either her father, or rescued her as a child and realized he couldn't take care of her, hence gave her up to be taken by someone else (an ex-colleague perhaps, her current now deceased father)

The CIA lady seems to be a likely mole - being how she's an odd one out AND she seemed iffy during the last ep.

Now I'm thinking that maybe he lost his wife and daughter in a deliberate attack, so while going after the person responsible, and burning their house down, he couldn't bring himself to kill Lizzy, so he placed her with a friend.

That at least extends the conflict once she finds out the truth. Maybe she finds out about him first, and gets closer to her husband, whom she them realises isn't on the level, as Red had told her, and she has to overcome her hurt to work with him again.

Though the girl he looked up on Vicap, could well have been his own daughter, so maybe she was taken from him.

Last edited:
her being his daughter just seems way way too obvious
And they are going to spin this around and around depending how many seasons they are going to get renewed ...

... I?m not sold on the whole show so far. My GF likes it so I?m going to keep watching it for the time being, but I have too little hopes for the "overaching" plotlines with Red and the hunky husband. Would love to get positively surprised, but I?m not counting on it.

Also, it?s nice seeing Ellen Page all grown up now ... :)

(I know it?s not her, but the resemblence is huge IMO)

Last edited:
Found that show a few days ago and picked up the first two episodes... I just finished the pilot and will now proceed with downloading the rest of S1. I also added it to my TV calender :). I quite liked the pilot and I just like James Spader as an actor and in this role :)

It gets even better over the course of the season. :)

The second season has just begun and I still like it.

While this thread seems effectively dead, I will dig it out once more. For two reasons.

1.) Well this show is pretty great, despite that I think S4 might be the last (with S3 currently ending).

2.) Last weeks episode apparently was the backdoor-pilot for a Spin-Off "The Blacklist: Redemption", revolving around Hargrave and Tom: http://tvline.com/2016/05/14/the-blacklist-redemption-series-order-spinoff-nbc/

I still enjoy it, as Spader is a great actor. Megan Boone gets on my nerves with her whole "go running to Red for help/protection - tell Red to fuck off, because she's a whiney ungrateful bitch" thing. She'll be back once she's off maternity leave, but writing the baby into the story was a crap idea. Is it going to go to the spin-off with whatshisname the father, or what? She's going to want it with her. I just don't get it.

Yeah, it'll be a spin-off around Toms storyline and together with his - spoilers if you haven't seen the last 1-2 episodes - mother.

Well this episode is dropping bombs like its christmas, at least compared to a few others.

I fucking knew it. I knew they wouldn't kill her off and then just keep going. I was waiting for any hints on a fake death.. they did not provide any.. but I FUCKING KNEW IT :D

Last edited:
Well this episode is dropping bombs like its christmas, at least compared to a few others.

I fucking knew it. I knew they wouldn't kill her off and then just keep going. I was waiting for any hints on a fake death.. they did not provide any.. but I FUCKING KNEW IT :D
Hahaha +1