The Christmas Tree Thread

Olie

Car(s)
Evo 8MR
Well its getting on to that time of the year again.

This is the place to show and discuss all things Christmas tree.

I'll start off with the latest addition to our house. A 7ft lovely looking.... plastic tree.

Pics:
IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

Topped with some glass red and clear birds and a some fairy lights

already?! We get the tree just a few days before Christmas eve, and decorate it then.

Same here, maximum a week or so before Christmas Eve. We're barely half way through November! The fact is you really wanted to celebrate the new season of Top Gear, didn't you?

It's tradition where I live to put up the christmas tree on December 8th
Well, at least the people who celebrates christmas

Waaaay too early. Here only the crazy people do it before Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday of November, the 26th this year).

Hrmm, in Adelaide people tend to start putting their trees up after the Pageant. Different standards for different cultures I guess.

Nice tree.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but you have a christmas tree in November? You should be fined. <_<

Just out of curiosity, how much is a tree from your farm? Here we get at Hornbach trees from Denmark and they're about $20 regardless of size. Also do people come, choose their tree and then you cut it?

Depends on the tree. If let's say the tree is seven foot tall, a Scotch Pine is $25, and a Frazier Fir is around $50. If a person want to cut the tree they can do so, or joy of joys, we go out and cut it for them. Also we bring down cut trees on a semi truck flatbed from our land in Northern Wisconsin. I am a bit out of touch; I haven't worked there since I moved to Illinois fove years ago.

Most of the trees that Americans buy in a small corner of a parking lot are grown in places like Arkansas and Georgia, not the snowy north as you might think. It is not the climate, rather the soil that determines where pine trees grow; they like loose, rocky and sandy soil where no other tree will grow.

I love pine trees; they were a part of my childhood, and when I build my final house in life it will be on ten acres with nothing but towering pine trees.

Depends on the tree. If let's say the tree is seven foot tall, a Scotch Pine is $25, and a Frazier Fir is around $50. If a person want to cut the tree they can do so, or joy of joys, we go out and cut it for them. Also we bring down cut trees on a semi truck flatbed from our land in Northern Wisconsin. I am a bit out of touch; I haven't worked there since I moved to Illinois fove years ago.

Most of the trees that Americans buy in a small corner of a parking lot are grown in places like Arkansas and Georgia, not the snowy north as you might think. It is not the climate, rather the soil that determines where pine trees grow; they like loose, rocky and sandy soil where no other tree will grow.

I love pine trees; they were a part of my childhood, and when I build my final house in life it will be on ten acres with nothing but towering pine trees.

Thanks for the answer! I'd rep you but I must spread some points before giving them to you again

We just decided to beat the christmas rush by purchasing ours nice and early, and besides it looks much nicer than the great big white box it came in.

It looks even better when it's real!
The only excuse is if someone has allergies.

I dislike Christmas as an adult. More or less because of how materialistic people have become with gifts. Last year I went the cheap route (plus I was pretty much broke) and baked cookies for friends, family and their dogs. I even made special cookie boxes and then got some nifty small plastic bags to put the dog treats in which they all loved :)

As far as trees, I would rather have a real tree over fake purely for the tree smell. Also, I would LOVE to go away somewhere nice for Christmas that gets snow so I can finally have a white Christmas :( Living in Southern California sucks as we have no true seasons.. :cry:

Real makes no real sense to us here in Australia. Pine trees are few and far between, so buying a real one is quite expensive and getting rid of it is also quite hard living in a block of units.

Actually most of the trees come from Oregon. ;)

# Oregon produces the most real Christmas trees. In 2002, 6.4 million trees were harvested in Oregon.
# Oregon led the nation in 2002 with 67,804 acres in Christmas tree production. Illinois had 6,355 acres in production.

There are shit tons of tree farms here. But yes, most of the trees here get bundled up and put into trucks for sale in other parts of the country (and world even). Since there's so many here, most people just drive 15-30 minutes to a farm, but some buy them from a parking lot. Depends.

Last edited: