The Consumer Recommendation thread

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium
Borrowed shamelessly from BritishCanadian, the idea of this thread is to post things you've bought or received that is awesome in some way or that doesn't suck.

For me my entry is this:

2U77n6O.png

Socks?! I know what you're thinking, socks are a dime a dozen. Well these Nike Dri-Fit socks are the best socks I've ever bought. Sure the price (16 bucks for a 3 pack) is indeed steep, but not only do they fit well, they solve a issue I had at work. I have to wear a very ugly pair of slip resistant clogs that aren't breathable in any way. Combine that with working in warm conditions and the toes of my old socks were always wet...really gross.

Not the case with these at all. They also make it easier to get on the shitty clogs as well. Win-Win.

Socks aren't trivial for me. I spend an extortionate amount of money on one particular type of Jeff Banks dress socks. These to be exact:
jeff-banks-mens-3-pair-jeff-banks-cambridge-rib-trouser-sock-black.jpg

I don't wear sports socks, nor white ones, but then, I always wear shoes or boots.

(Sorry for derailment into sock thread, but if you need a good dress sock, I recommend the above).

Samsung SSD's, the 840 is fine despite people saying the 830's are better...

Borrowed shamelessly from BritishCanadian, the idea of this thread is to post things you've bought or received that is awesome in some way or that doesn't suck.

For me my entry is this:

2U77n6O.png

I have been wearing almost that exact same design for years but they are Adidas. Hmmm, who was first i wonder
Socks?! I know what you're thinking, socks are a dime a dozen. Well these Nike Dri-Fit socks are the best socks I've ever bought. Sure the price (16 bucks for a 3 pack) is indeed steep, but not only do they fit well, they solve a issue I had at work. I have to wear a very ugly pair of slip resistant clogs that aren't breathable in any way. Combine that with working in warm conditions and the toes of my old socks were always wet...really gross.

Not the case with these at all. They also make it easier to get on the shitty clogs as well. Win-Win.

Why do you think socks come in packs of 6?

wavebase_zps984c643c.jpg

Leatherman tools. Extremely well-made, reliable, and they have a great 25-year replacement warranty. I rarely go anywhere without my Wave.

a complete set of Ratchet Spanners, they may save one day youre ass.

204.jpg

my has also a arcticualar Head so it moves a bit, so it can acces more delicate places.

wavebase_zps984c643c.jpg

Leatherman tools. Extremely well-made, reliable, and they have a great 25-year replacement warranty. I rarely go anywhere without my Wave.

I have 2.
The original Wave and the Charge TTi.

Use them all the time. Have a couple of custom sheaths too.

C6MFA.jpg

EMS2026SCL-

both have worked well, I have a hitachi angle grinder that's not bad as well. I bought a bosch detail sander that's handy because they make 40G paper for it, useful for stuff like skirting boards that you can't use 1/3 sheet paper on

I have 2.
The original Wave and the Charge TTi
Use them all the time. Have a couple of custom sheaths too.

http

Leatherman tools. Extremely well-made, reliable, and they have a great 25-year replacement warranty. I rarely go anywhere without my Wave.[/QUOTE]

+1, I have a Leatherman multi-tool from probably 10 years ago, still looks brand new.

I am probably going to buy a MUT just because I want another one and it looks cool.

Last edited:
+1 on the socks. I've been using these for the past few months and they are awesome for keeping dry, non-smelly and comfy.
QTmHWBk.jpg

Last edited:
Are you able to reset codes?

another +1 for Leatherman, have a Skeletool CX since I didn't need a huge variety but it's been solid and dependable for the last 5 years and hasn't come loose or even scratched a bit

Are you able to reset codes?

It has that In the menu but I haven't tried yet. I may if the transmission sensor install doesn't clear it on its own like its supposed to.