The Consumer Recommendation thread

These things:

oil_filter_pliers.jpg

Every type of oil filter wrench is more trouble than they're worth. I've had the standard tightening-strap kind and the claw-ratchety kind, but this thing is so goddamn simple and works the best - and it was only $8. It turns ten minutes of swearing and wrist-twisting and hand-cutting to a few seconds - grab and twist. I have no idea why these aren't more common.

*shrug*

So Colgate is trying to look like the good guys by jumping on the "we're sustainable" train with a mostly reusable toothbrush. Handle is Al-oo-min-ee-um while the brush head is replaceable.

Not sure if this is a recommended item, but it's something better than the current I guess.

some people still use manual brushes?

I haven't used a manual one for years, the cynic in me says that's more like a desperate attempt to get people to keep buying Colgate because they invested in the metal handle. They surely could've just used an easily recyclable plastic instead.

It makes me laugh looking at Bluetooth electric brushes though and ones that have screens, come on that's just stupid. The prices are insane too. Perfectly happy with my Braun Oral B, the switch from NiMH to lithium really improved the brushes and they're reasonably priced.