The Consumer Warning thread

I was thinking about that when I was at the hardware shop the other day, how many Australian brands killed themselves off because their tools/products were too reliable

Meant to buy this:

Accidentally bought this because I wasn't paying attention:

Stay away from that garbage. Its pure red chemical shit. Tastes awful, borderline inedible. Note to self: don't zone out at the supermarket.

^That is why I don't get slushies at 7-11 or any other quickie mart.

I don't mind a 7-11 slushie once in a blue moon. I think the last time I had one was 3 years ago, and it wasn't awful. Those ICEE Freeze cups though..... amazing how they could be so terrible.

The sauce is gross...it's like ketchup with oregano. So bad I couldn't finish it and am now scrounging the fridge/trying to justify buying chinese food...

I love Hot Pockets.

[video=youtube;N-i9GXbptog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog[/video]

Needed a cheapo TV to put in Zacks room to get the new satellite hooked up so I went to Target and got a cheap Westinghouse one.

Figured it would be okay since he's not picky about anything, and it if he wanted a nice one he could buy it himself. But I hooked it up in my room first, to make sure everything works before I put it in his room.

My God in Heaven....

The whites are so...white and off the scale in the intensity that they're searing my retinas, even AFTER adjusting what I could in the menu.

The sound honestly sounds like two tin cans connected with a string. High pitched and muffled at the same time. The sound from my hard drive hooked up though is...tolerable. But I already have a headache from it.

The remote is so flimsy I know he'd break it in a week. The back that holds the batteries in actually came off while I was just pushing buttons.

This POS is going back ASAP tomorrow....:mad:

The sauce is gross...it's like ketchup with oregano. So bad I couldn't finish it and am now scrounging the fridge/trying to justify buying chinese food...

It's a Hot Pocket, what did you expect?

It's like pizza from Domino's or Pizza Hut: if it tastes marginally better than the box it came in, you're doing alright.

EDIT:

Stromboli > Hot PocketS?

Last edited:

Well, the "feature" they promote to sell it is that it is made with "real cheese" ... should be a dead give away to stay away from this stuff when cheese being "real" is the feature ...

yes I know of artificial cheese made from fat ...

Last edited:
Needed a cheapo TV to put in Zacks room to get the new satellite hooked up so I went to Target and got a cheap Westinghouse one.

Figured it would be okay since he's not picky about anything, and it if he wanted a nice one he could buy it himself. But I hooked it up in my room first, to make sure everything works before I put it in his room.

My God in Heaven....

The whites are so...white and off the scale in the intensity that they're searing my retinas, even AFTER adjusting what I could in the menu.

The sound honestly sounds like two tin cans connected with a string. High pitched and muffled at the same time. The sound from my hard drive hooked up though is...tolerable. But I already have a headache from it.

The remote is so flimsy I know he'd break it in a week. The back that holds the batteries in actually came off while I was just pushing buttons.

This POS is going back ASAP tomorrow....:mad:

I made that same mistake with s Sylvania TV. They HAVE to make the brightness to bright, because the cheaper the TV, the faster the light dims over it's lifetime. So, they make it super bright, so that even when it loses a higher percentage of its light compared to higher quality TVs, they still have an acceptable brightness.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt if the cheese is even real.

It's America, so it does have to be. Not real GOOD, just real.

I still don't understand most people's aversion to "American cheese." It's still milk, salt, whey and enzymes, just with some oil.. It tastes similar to a mild cheddar or Colby, but melts better. Note: I don't consider Kraft Singles to be American Cheese. I'm talking about something more like the Land o' Lakes block cheese you get slices of in the deli.

He's right you know. Domino's is terrible stuff. Come to Chicago and taste some Lou Malnati's. Or if you want thin crust, Rosati's.

It's a Hot Pocket, what did you expect?

It's like pizza from Domino's or Pizza Hut: if it tastes marginally better than the box it came in, you're doing alright.

EDIT:

Stromboli > Hot PocketS?

Actualy, i like Pizza Hut. Good enough pizza's, but too expensive. :(

Here in the US, it's the other way around.

The big draw with Pizza Hut is that it's cheap. They often have a deal where you can get any pizza, any size, with any toppings for $10.00 (About ?7.50). For thst price, it's okay. But at least around here, there are better options for not a lot more money.

for every pizza hut, you can find a real italian restaurant in a 2 mile radius, and i happily dish out the 2? it costs more there to get a decent pizza...
i never go to pizza hut!

Pizza Hut is really expensive compared to actual pizzerias staffed by real italians with real wood burning ovens making delicious thin pizza! Pizza Hut make sandwiches with cheese on.
Consumer warning: McDonalds coffee is hot, which is good, but their (new?) lids have a flip tab that is much to small and traps hot coffee and delivers it to your upper lip instead of mouth, which hurts.

Last edited:
Pizza Hut has been doing some experimentation lately with weird pizzas, and around here they cannot be beaten for price/volume of acceptable food. I recently picked up a flatbread pizza box for $12 with my sister, 6 mini pizzas and neither of us could eat more than 2. Could easily have fed three people.

I have also been known to pick up their big dinner box for $20 that is more than enough for 4.

But when it's time for real pizza, the best option is Pizzeria Regina, even though it's just a stand in the mall food court....

Pizza Hut is really expensive compared to actual pizzerias staffed by real italians with real wood burning ovens making delicious thin pizza! Pizza Hut make sandwiches with cheese on.
Consumer warning: McDonalds coffee is hot, which is good, but their (new?) lids have a flip tab that is much to small and traps hot coffee and delivers it to your upper lip instead of mouth, which hurts.

Same story in Denmark. No way I will buy a more expensive and considerably worse pizza at Dominoes when the real deal is cheaper and relatively easily available. And those lids (found here at most service stations too) are a bitch for sure! We have had them here for at least 5 years.