The Consumer Warning thread

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
I was thinking about that when I was at the hardware shop the other day, how many Australian brands killed themselves off because their tools/products were too reliable

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Meant to buy this:

Accidentally bought this because I wasn't paying attention:

Stay away from that garbage. Its pure red chemical shit. Tastes awful, borderline inedible. Note to self: don't zone out at the supermarket.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I don't mind a 7-11 slushie once in a blue moon. I think the last time I had one was 3 years ago, and it wasn't awful. Those ICEE Freeze cups though..... amazing how they could be so terrible.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX

The sauce is gross...it's like ketchup with oregano. So bad I couldn't finish it and am now scrounging the fridge/trying to justify buying chinese food...

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
I love Hot Pockets.

[video=youtube;N-i9GXbptog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog[/video]

That American Girl

Car(s)
None, right now. Bye Bye Mustang. :-(
Needed a cheapo TV to put in Zacks room to get the new satellite hooked up so I went to Target and got a cheap Westinghouse one.

Figured it would be okay since he's not picky about anything, and it if he wanted a nice one he could buy it himself. But I hooked it up in my room first, to make sure everything works before I put it in his room.

My God in Heaven....

The whites are so...white and off the scale in the intensity that they're searing my retinas, even AFTER adjusting what I could in the menu.

The sound honestly sounds like two tin cans connected with a string. High pitched and muffled at the same time. The sound from my hard drive hooked up though is...tolerable. But I already have a headache from it.

The remote is so flimsy I know he'd break it in a week. The back that holds the batteries in actually came off while I was just pushing buttons.

This POS is going back ASAP tomorrow....:mad:

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0

The sauce is gross...it's like ketchup with oregano. So bad I couldn't finish it and am now scrounging the fridge/trying to justify buying chinese food...
It's a Hot Pocket, what did you expect?

It's like pizza from Domino's or Pizza Hut: if it tastes marginally better than the box it came in, you're doing alright.

EDIT:

Stromboli > Hot PocketS?

Last edited:

Interrobang

Forum Addict

Well, the "feature" they promote to sell it is that it is made with "real cheese" ... should be a dead give away to stay away from this stuff when cheese being "real" is the feature ...

yes I know of artificial cheese made from fat ...

Last edited:

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Needed a cheapo TV to put in Zacks room to get the new satellite hooked up so I went to Target and got a cheap Westinghouse one.

Figured it would be okay since he's not picky about anything, and it if he wanted a nice one he could buy it himself. But I hooked it up in my room first, to make sure everything works before I put it in his room.

My God in Heaven....

The whites are so...white and off the scale in the intensity that they're searing my retinas, even AFTER adjusting what I could in the menu.

The sound honestly sounds like two tin cans connected with a string. High pitched and muffled at the same time. The sound from my hard drive hooked up though is...tolerable. But I already have a headache from it.

The remote is so flimsy I know he'd break it in a week. The back that holds the batteries in actually came off while I was just pushing buttons.

This POS is going back ASAP tomorrow....:mad:
I made that same mistake with s Sylvania TV. They HAVE to make the brightness to bright, because the cheaper the TV, the faster the light dims over it's lifetime. So, they make it super bright, so that even when it loses a higher percentage of its light compared to higher quality TVs, they still have an acceptable brightness.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt if the cheese is even real.
It's America, so it does have to be. Not real GOOD, just real.

I still don't understand most people's aversion to "American cheese." It's still milk, salt, whey and enzymes, just with some oil.. It tastes similar to a mild cheddar or Colby, but melts better. Note: I don't consider Kraft Singles to be American Cheese. I'm talking about something more like the Land o' Lakes block cheese you get slices of in the deli.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
He's right you know. Domino's is terrible stuff. Come to Chicago and taste some Lou Malnati's. Or if you want thin crust, Rosati's.

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Volvo C30 DRIVe (2011), BMW F700GS (2014)
It's a Hot Pocket, what did you expect?

It's like pizza from Domino's or Pizza Hut: if it tastes marginally better than the box it came in, you're doing alright.

EDIT:

Stromboli > Hot PocketS?
Actualy, i like Pizza Hut. Good enough pizza's, but too expensive. :(

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
Here in the US, it's the other way around.

The big draw with Pizza Hut is that it's cheap. They often have a deal where you can get any pizza, any size, with any toppings for $10.00 (About ?7.50). For thst price, it's okay. But at least around here, there are better options for not a lot more money.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
for every pizza hut, you can find a real italian restaurant in a 2 mile radius, and i happily dish out the 2? it costs more there to get a decent pizza...
i never go to pizza hut!

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Pizza Hut is really expensive compared to actual pizzerias staffed by real italians with real wood burning ovens making delicious thin pizza! Pizza Hut make sandwiches with cheese on.
Consumer warning: McDonalds coffee is hot, which is good, but their (new?) lids have a flip tab that is much to small and traps hot coffee and delivers it to your upper lip instead of mouth, which hurts.

Last edited:

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Pizza Hut has been doing some experimentation lately with weird pizzas, and around here they cannot be beaten for price/volume of acceptable food. I recently picked up a flatbread pizza box for $12 with my sister, 6 mini pizzas and neither of us could eat more than 2. Could easily have fed three people.

I have also been known to pick up their big dinner box for $20 that is more than enough for 4.

But when it's time for real pizza, the best option is Pizzeria Regina, even though it's just a stand in the mall food court....

M3lover

Car(s)
S204 Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI BE T
Pizza Hut is really expensive compared to actual pizzerias staffed by real italians with real wood burning ovens making delicious thin pizza! Pizza Hut make sandwiches with cheese on.
Consumer warning: McDonalds coffee is hot, which is good, but their (new?) lids have a flip tab that is much to small and traps hot coffee and delivers it to your upper lip instead of mouth, which hurts.
Same story in Denmark. No way I will buy a more expensive and considerably worse pizza at Dominoes when the real deal is cheaper and relatively easily available. And those lids (found here at most service stations too) are a bitch for sure! We have had them here for at least 5 years.