• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The contest to win a car

dannyroz

If your an American, like myself, and you enter the contest and win...could they technically give the car to you considering:

A) Us Americans do not get the show so there might be a copywright infringement on it

B) The car isnt legal for use in America

C) They would have to ship it over

I entered the contest just to find out...Ill prob do it more often if the text message doesnt cost me 2 bucks or so.

I have also thought about if it is possible to get the cars if you win and are from outside of UK. My first guess would be that it is not.

Would be nice to win an Aston or something like that :)

Lottery is tax for stupidity.
I don't even see why people in UK itself are entering this silly contest on which they shamelessly make tons of money.

Nothing to answer your original question though :)

A)Acquire a second citizenship.

B and C)Move to Europe.

:D

If you read the rules as they say on the show, you'd realise the 'competition' is only open to UK residents.

Lots and lots and lots of people enter the quiz so lots of money for Five and it does just turn out to be a lottery. That's why the questions are so easy - easy enough that every week my Mum gets them right - and she has no interest in cars whatsoever (or gadgets as we also watch the gadget show just before 5th gear, which also has a similar 'competition').

But then, I'm sure we've discussed this before...

Edit: Sorry if I sound a bit moody - it's passed 2am and I've just finished some work for a friend helping him out - I'd say this post is a sure sign it's time to hit the sack...

monkeymax said:
If you read the rules as they say on the show, you'd realise the 'competition' is only open to UK residents.

Lots and lots and lots of people enter the quiz so lots of money for Five and it does just turn out to be a lottery. That's why the questions are so easy - easy enough that every week my Mum gets them right - and she has no interest in cars whatsoever (or gadgets as we also watch the gadget show just before 5th gear, which also has a similar 'competition').

but does your mum watch fifth gear

i think someone who might not be able to solve a harder question, won't be looking at fifth gear anyways

so imho there's no point in the to easy question

bone said:
but does your mum watch fifth gear

i think someone who might not be able to solve a harder question, won't be looking at fifth gear anyways

so imho there's no point in the to easy question

Yes, she does watch Fifth gear. The fact the answer is usually in the episode is probably a good help for her... :p

You're right - there is no point in the easy question. But I think the reasoning behind this easy question has already been discussed...

Lo and behold - I was right: What's the point of the retarded comp. questions?