• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The Cool Wall

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
I noticed that there is no sticky about the subject that would be the most intresting to discuss: the Cool Wall!

So here's the wall according to Top Gear's website (except for the DB9):

DB9 Section:
Aston Martin DB9

Sub-Zero:
Alfa 156 Facelift
Caterham R400
Fiat Punto
Ford GT
Ford Street Ka
Land Rover Defender
Mini Cooper S

Cool:
Alfa 147 & GTA
Alfa GTV
Audi A2
Audi A3
Audi A6
Bentley Continental GT
Citro?n Berlingo
Citro?n C2 GTR
Citro?n C3
Daihatsu Copen
Ferrari Enzo
Fiat Multipla
Ford Focus RS
Ford KA
Holden Monaro
Honda Civic type R
Honda Jazz
Hyundai Coup?
Jaguar XJ
Jaguar XJR
Koenigsegg
Land Rover
Maserati 4200GT
Mazda MX5
Mazda RX8
Mitsubishi Shogun
Peugeot 206 GTI 180
Renault Clio
Renault Laguna
Renault Megane
Renault Vel Satis
Rolls Royce Phantom
Saab 93 (should be 9-3)
Saab 95 (should be 9-5)
Subaru Forester
Subaru Legacy
Suzuki Liana
VW Golf Mk4
VW Golf R32
VW Phaeton

Uncool:
BMW 3 SERIES
BMW M3
BMW X5
Bugatti Veyron
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Chrysler Voyager
Citro?n C2 Pluriel
Citro?n C5
Daihatsu Charade
Fiat Stilo
Ford Fiesta
Ford Focus
Ford Fusion
Ford Galaxy
Hummer
Hyundai Trajet
Kia Sedona
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lexus LX200
Mercedes CLK
Mercedes SL
Mercedes SLK 32 AMG
Mitsubishi Evo 8
Nissan 350Z
Peugeot 807
Porsche 911 Convertible
Porsche 911 Turbo
Porsche Carrera 4
Renault Scenic
Seat Ibiza
Subaru Imprezza STI
Toyota Avensis
Toyota Previa
Vauxhall Astra
Vauxhall Corsa
Vauxhall Signum
Vauxhall Vectra
Volvo S80
Volvo V70
VW Beetle Cabriolet
VW Golf Diesel

Seriously Uncool:
Audi TT
BMW 5 Series
BMW M3 CSL
Megane CC
Peugeot 307 CC
Porsche Carrera 2 Cabriolet
Richard Hammond's Porsche 911 left-hand drive

(Sorry if it's a repost or something. I've searched but I haven't found any similar thread.)

there used to be a cool wall section in the forum, but most people didnt really get the point of if, and since it is a cool wall not a "i like or dislike" wall, the section got removed. because of the previous fact a lot of the "frequent" users didnt see the point of it, just a bunch of "useless" threads + appearantly it was a pain in the ass to moderate, so viper and the mods decided to get rid of it. :)

IIRC there was a pretty long thread about weather it should stay or not, which was in the "forum" part of the forum :D maybe you can look that up.

pdanev said:
there used to be a cool wall section in the forum, but most people didnt really get the point of if, and since it is a cool wall not a "i like or dislike" wall, the section got removed. because of the previous fact a lot of the "frequent" users didnt see the point of it, just a bunch of "useless" threads + appearantly it was a pain in the ass to moderate, so viper and the mods decided to get rid of it. :)

IIRC there was a pretty long thread about weather it should stay or not, which was in the "forum" part of the forum :D maybe you can look that up.

True, there isn't much to discuss about the placings. The thing is, there's not much to discuss about the Lap Times either for example. All they're doing there is correctiong faults and collecting new entrys.

And that is what we could do here. Collect motivations and dates for example. I would, for example, like to know what the heck the StreetKa is doing in the Sub-Zero section?

Another Idea I've got is that we could make our own Cool Wall, but that would require some more organisation, and another thread.

oh, than i misunderstood your original idea. my post was directed at explaining why our own cool wall disappeared :)

the A2 is uncool.... no matter who you go out to dinner with!!!! ;)

vanMould said:
Another Idea I've got is that we could make our own Cool Wall, but that would require some more organisation, and another thread.

I've had the same idea - but I could see the thread just becoming full of pointless argument with people saying "But the Enzo's soooo fast, it has to be cool" etc, and the whole thing just ending in a mess.

But having said that, I'm all up for giving it a try :thumbsup:

We had one several months ago and..ahh...it was a failier cos people would mainly spam the threads and there were way to many threads to keep track of :? :bangin:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4163
^Thats regarding its dissapearance.