The cult of Skyline

GTS-Ts probably have some merit as a tuning platform, but otherwise it doesn't have much over other vehicles. But then if you like something enough you don't need a point <_<

I would actually prefer the GTS-T over the GT-R for the RWD but if you think about it there isn't much it has going for it over other good RWD sports cars. Considering the money might as well get a MkIV Supra and work on that. Though I do get loving a car just because you love it and not for any "practical" reason.

Yeah, wouldn't happen here haha.

Weird that it has such a cult status, I mean it's kinda similar to someone driving a Mustang or Corvette or something here but even then I don't think they'd draw as much attention as that.

would I be right is thinking there's no reason to own a sub GT-R R33?
Some people think there is. I however wouldn't buy anything less than.

The only reason there is is people wanting to have a Skyline but cannot afford a GT-R ...

One reason would be if you are building a drift car, no reason to chop up the iconic AWD system if you can get a less model with RWD.

One reason would be if you are building a drift car, no reason to chop up the iconic AWD system if you can get a less model with RWD.
Maybe that makes sense in Japan or Australia where the cars were sold through normal dealerships and used ones are common, but in, say, North America where imports are nearly impossible, why bother? Much cheaper RWD coupes are available to turn into useless, umcomfortable track toys.

For show. That's what drifting is mostly about anyway. I wouldn't mind even a lesser R32 as I really like the look of it, as generic as its styling might be.

Maybe that makes sense in Japan or Australia where the cars were sold through normal dealerships and used ones are common, but in, say, North America where imports are nearly impossible, why bother? Much cheaper RWD coupes are available to turn into useless, umcomfortable track toys.

Only the R32 GT-R was officially sold in Australia and that was limited to 100 cars. 1,000s of them have come in as imports. I'm actually contemplating buying a R33 GTST(or a stagea) as my next project car. Cheap and a massive aftermarket are the reasons why.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't need to "chop up" a R32 GT-R to make it RWD. There's a fuse that you remove which would make it RWD. Alternatively, the Japanese used a torque split controller to control the amount of power going to the front wheels.