The daily is dead, Long live the daily! (1996 Mazda Miata)

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
Hello all, im back from a (well deserved) one month ban/hiatus. Deserved though it was, that very day i went to buy a new car to replace my dead Toyota Camry i've owned since i got my license in 2002 so sadly i wasnt able to share this car with you all.

As some of you may know, my girlfriend bought a 2003 NB Miata last year, and ive been driving it so much that when my old car let go, i decided i needed to have one of my own. I drove 2 hours to orlando to escape the ridiculous south florida prices and came back with this:

433e5395-1.jpg

1996 Mazda Miata "Base". Great condition with a relatively low 79,000 miles. "Base" Means no power anything, (in theory) lighter weight, and nothing to go wrong. Cloth seats are nice compared to leather in the florida sun, and it doesnt even have power steering!.

241520c2.jpg

Heres a miata gathering next to lake okechobee in florida, mine is obviously the white NA miata. Im loving the simplicity of this car compared to even the Gen 2.5 NB, and i see myself keeping it for many years to come.

:)I'm proud to say every car i now own is manual and rear wheel drive. Hoorah!

Last edited:
Him and Hers miatas? :lol:

Nice though, any plans to modify it? or is it staying stock?

Might I suggest a couple?

v12-miata.jpg

LS2_Miata_engine_bay.jpg

Him and Hers miatas? :lol:

Why do you think its white (to make it look differant from the black NB), and a different generation? At first i was weirded out a little by this, but i decided that it was too fun to drive to pass up. A good deal turned up on craiglists and i got it one day after work.

Nice though, any plans to modify it? or is it staying stock?

If finances permit (the aforementioned girlfriend shoots me a glare when i even mention modding the miata, she wants all my money put in the race car camaro), i'd be going the full "Club roadster". height-adjustable coilovers with lighter wheels, frame stiffening and an "anti-gay-bar" :)

Used turbo would be a nice pipe dream down the line too. (ha-ha, get it? "Pipe dream"). And yes, before you ask, i've already ordered a set of eunos badges :)

Last edited:
Hahahahahahaha. I must spread the ridiculous around before wanking to argatoga again.

Looks like fun!