The Darwin Contenders or "The Stupid, It Burns!" Thread

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I did a search and asked a couple of long standing members and as far as I could make out we don't have one. So here's the thread for the news stories you hear about concerning people who should be in line for a Darwin Award or at least an Honourable Mention.

I'll open the bidding with this guy.

Sell kidney to buy iPad and iPhone. Suffer acute renal failure.

(Please don't make this an excuse for blatant Apple hatred or anti-consumerist bullshit in general. There are places elsewhere on the forum for that.)

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread.

Thinking back on some of the stupid things I did earlier in my life, I might have earn a few of those award myself :lol:

I have one.

My neighbours have just arrived from a week long holiday to find all her food spoiled. The smell is choking to say the least. It seems it never occurred to them that leaving the fridge unplugged could have any adverse effect on its contents

Well, if noone opens the door, it should stay the same temp, right? Since none of the cold air is getting out? [rolls eyes]

It stays, for about a day or so

Last edited:
Well, if noone opens the door, it should stay the same temp, right? Since none of the cold air is getting out? [rolls eyes]

So basically this is a thread for all the TNL Fail vidoes? :p

Last edited:
As a kid I managed somehow to fall/roll off the side of a mountain. Without braking anything though, only getting an asthma attack.

From the article:

With the help of his partner Waldo Stakes, Hughes was trying to reach an altitude of 5,000ft (1,525m) while riding his steam-powered rocket, according to Space.com.

Planes routinely go well over 20,000 ft. What was 5,000 ft going to show them?

A nice view of his own final resting place, as it turns out.

BTW, you can more than double those 20,000 ft. Lots of business jets as well as quite a few commercial jets routinely cruise between 40,000 and 45,000 feet.

A nice view of his own final resting place, as it turns out.

BTW, you can more than double those 20,000 ft. Lots of business jets as well as quite a few commercial jets routinely cruise between 40,000 and 45,000 feet.

Commercial flights are not allowed above FL410 (41000').

Business Jets can go up to 51000' in some case, highest I've witnessed is actually 49000'.

I regularly see A350s and 787s at 43000 on FR24, so I suppose the 41000 limit doesn’t apply in all jurisdictions.

Or I just remembered that wrong. Can't find any hard ceiling for part 121 operation at the moment.

It showed all the flat earthers who donated a man having a lot of fun at their expense (literally). Which is why I'm setting up a charity to prove the earth isn't round. To prove it I'll need to be flying around the world in emirates first class private suites several times. So dig deep we'll show them yet!