The DMotor Subtitle Project [Check first post for links]

CBuck03

Since actual subtitles are available now I took the liberty to edit this post to include all available subtitles so far.

First of all let me thank everyone involved in making this happen. If you liked what you downloaded make sure to drop the team a line.

The following subs are available right now.

Episode 34

Episode 35

Episode 36

Episode 37

Episode 38

Episode 40

Episode 41

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Please? Anyone?

I'll have 01x07 ready soon, but it's a real PITA to translate all the nonsense :)

D MOTOR Sub project

D MOTOR Sub project

Hey, been a long time reader of this forum and finally signed up.

There are probably not too many of you that have seen the German D MOTOR series, for the ones that haven't it's a car TV show with Sabine Schmitz Sabine Schmitz (which some may know from a few Top Gear episodes), Tim Schrick and Carsten van Ryssen that contrary to most other German car TV shows focuses on the joy of driving, not unlike Fifth Gear and Top Gear. Their test track is is an old airfield for most handling reviews and the N?rburgring Nordschleife for (some more or less weird) challenges.

I believe this show has potential to attract viewers outside of Germany as well, problem being it's language. I'd be willing to subtitle the whole thing (although volunteers for uploading, proofreading, sub editing etc. will certainly not be turned away). If people are interested I will finish 1 episode and continue if the feedback is positive.

Edit: Hoping this is the right forum section, if not please move the thread.

Last edited:
Yes I want, I want , I want, I want...

Yes I want, I want , I want, I want...

Oh yeah.... I really want subtitles for the show... It would be very cool! It's really annoying to see Tim getting fun and don't understand a word from what he's saying! :?

So I ask for everyone who speak German or understand German can you help to make those subtitles?
I don't know... if there's several German persons here in the forum please work in team... perhaps making a schedule of persons that could or are translating each episode... or perhaps several persons translating one part of each episode so that wouldn't be so monotonous and at the final stick it together!!!

I'd like to help on but the only words I know in German are: ya!, danke, guntag, knockwurst and Nordschleife! I really need to get some lessons of German!

So every German or German understander please join the project! :p (It seems like an add that we have in Portugal: "If you have an ambition for a career with future then join the Navy"! but well what is need is that the subtitles could be done)

Thanks

i spent 3 hours last night searching websites for the subs for the last episode, and i couldn't find it any where, the show is so awesome but i don't understand it which really sucks. so please go on with your project. Please!!! I give a Big YEESSSSSS!!!

I have replied to Suedschleife's PM cos I am willing to help out with stuff other than translating.

where are all the Germans? >< burning rubber? :burnrubber:

plzplz translate it ><~

Sorry
I'm a bit too late on this...
...Could anybody help me by seeding ep 23 to 31 ? ( I'm stuck and I can see, i'm not the only one )

thanks guy

EDIT: Sorry again, wrong thread and I found it on 95's...thanks

Last edited:
hell yeah!

translate one of the better episodes and then youll know for sure by the feedback we give you

Thread merge.

Ok, Kekeke has volunteered to do most stuff other than translating, and we started the process of subbing last weeks episode 35. If any more people got too much spare time on their hands, the more volunteers the better, most of the processes can be easily split into chunks.

I just send the first bit of translation to Kekeke to time and should have the the leftover parts of the translation done by Wednesday but can't tell you when the first sub will be ready yet. Currently the plan is to do the new episodes, and maybe do back issue during seasons.

Awesome, never seen it, but I've heard good things, and the more car shows I can watch, the better! Appreciate you guys taking on the challenge and putting in the hard work. Mad Propz :)

Does europe have any "alternate audio" options on their satellite/cable systems like in the US? Here many tv shows are aired with both english and spanish audio for instance.

The translation + timing for first ep is done. I have sent the script to Suedschleife to make sure everything is ok. Since I've never timed to German it was really hard to figure out what goes where, so hopefully Suedschleife can do the timing starting from next ep after I show him how to.

Episode 35 sub is up on 95's ftp and mediafire, can't put it up on Mininova though due to their minimum file size limit (if anyone wants to put the torrent link on their site just gimme a shout).

Big thanks to Kekeke who did most of the work. If anyone wants to volunteer their time for translating, timing, proofreading please let me know, the most dedicated will win a trip around the Norschleife with Sabine (blatant lie, but more people would really help to speed up the process) .

Hope you enjoy it.

Edit: Torrent link for the massive 47 Kbyte file

Last edited:
Couple of notes. The subs are styled for this font
http://www.dafont.com/alte-haas-grotesk.font
If you don't have it, it will default to Arial.

If you want to play softsubs then you need to install VSFilter (also known as VobSub)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/guliverkli/vsfilter_20051125.7z?modtime=1132957360&big_mirror=0
extract and copy the file from the unicode folder to windows/system32
go to start -> run and enter "regsvr32 vsfilter.dll"
it will give you a confirmation box.

now put the sub file and avi file in the same folder with both having the same file name (apart from extension). open the avi file in any directshow player (MPC, WMP, BSPlayer, Zoom) etc. and the subs will load automatically.