The Driver (new animated series)

Koenig

This has got me really interested. Hoping that it does well enough not to be cancelled!

LOL, the Skyline is an automatic. :lmao:

Looks fun though.

Last edited:
Seconded. Finally I may have a reason to learn what a torrent is, apart from that red thing that turns Mrs HWFT into an axe-murderer 5 days a month.

LOL, the Skyline is an automatic. :lmao:

Looks fun though.

Question. Isnt the GTR semi automatic? So I would imagine the driver has to pass a R to get into the D or whatever? :dunno:

As for The Driver...is it a movie or a series? The trailer says Film but everyone else says Series :?
TheDriver.png

But looks intresting though. 2011 is a tad too long for my liking..

Beautiful detailing! Why does no one take GT5 and make a animated movie out of that? :lol: Love the music at the end though!

EDIT - I think im correct!
Nissan-GT-R_2008_1600x1200_wallpape.jpg

Thats awesome attention to detail!

Last edited:
my guess is the main character was in the car that followed him at the end of the trailer.

Wait wait, the fat guy in the rice rocket is the main character? WHAT? He had STAINS ON HIS SHIRT!

I think its the caped guy who is the main character. But whats with all the smokey stuff? Is it just added effects for the trailer or does the main guy have some powers?

Edit - Spent too much time looking at the trailer XD

There is a website for The Driver. For now it only has the trailer. Hope to see it get updated!
And it seems that our caped hero can drift a GTR!

Last edited:
The title made me think it was going to be about Tanner from the great 1999 Playstation game (and it's not so great sequels). Now an animated seventies car chase series would get my attention.

When I read the title, I thought of an animated version of this:

[video=youtube;7b-Mg27nyQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b-Mg27nyQ0[/video]

I think its the caped guy who is the main character. But whats with all the smokey stuff? Is it just added effects for the trailer or does the main guy have some powers?

Just had another look. That "guy" on the roof is slim of build, appears to have hips and has long hair as well as a cape flowing in the breeze. My guess is that the Driver may be a Not A Dude in which case what we could be seeing here is the first example of petrolhead hentai!

Just had another look. That "guy" on the roof is slim of build, appears to have hips and has long hair as well as a cape flowing in the breeze. My guess is that the Driver may be a Not A Dude in which case what we could be seeing here is the first example of petrolhead hentai!

Hmm
TheDriver1.png

Whoever this person is he or she got a lot of hair. And when you look at the screenshot it does look like a girl. But I think its too early to say anything...(PS The hair bit is not a cape either. It moves independent of the...cape..). I guess its going to someone small.

Is it just me or are we over analysing this trailer :lol:

Hair could be a hood...but I'm not sure how anyone could make assumptions about the shape of the body and the gender, because the proportions are that of a toddler.

When I read the title, I thought of an animated version of this:

[video=youtube;7b-Mg27nyQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b-Mg27nyQ0[/video]
Same here.

Looks good.. It has that Gorillaz animation style (sorry I don't know the real term). I'll have to wait and see on that one.

Question. Isnt the GTR semi automatic? So I would imagine the driver has to pass a R to get into the D or whatever? :dunno:

Looked at it again, thought it was an R34 Skyline at first. It is indeed an R35 GTR, so NM. Not funny.

Is this a movie or a series? if it's a series what channel is it being aired on tv?