The dumbest Ferrari moment this week

The dumbest Ferrari moment this week

• Kimi : "Don't talk to me in the middle of the corner!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kimi's sticking his head up of a smoking cockpit while limping back to the pits.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dumbest piece of thinking was sending Kimi out on wets on a bone dry track. Whoever thought of that is now surely sleeping with two chopped-up horses, not just their heads.

Funniest Ferrari moment this weekend has to be one of the two radio calls. Pure gems of laughter.

I never knew that Kimi was not a part of the GPDA. Guess it kinda fits his personality, he doesn't seem like a union-type guy to me.
Wiki says Only Kimi isn't a member. And I'm not surprised that Webber is a chairman, given Unions are so strong in Australia. It must have been easy for him to be the head of another one.

Dumbest piece of thinking was sending Kimi out on wets on a bone dry track. Whoever thought of that is now surely sleeping with two chopped-up horses, not just their heads.

According to the Times, it was a certain M. Schumacher who told them to send Kimi out of the extreme wets.

According to the Times, it was a certain M. Schumacher who told them to send Kimi out of the extreme wets.

Ferrari is in deep trouble if it tries to employ the services of one of its former champions, but without success.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this season is starting to look like 1992 for Ferrari? They had Niki Lauda as an advisor at that time.

Is he planning an evil comeback by making them in Ferrari look like cocks so he can usurp the throne with ease?

Is he planning an evil comeback by making them in Ferrari look like cocks so he can usurp the throne with ease?

Not likely, but he just acts himself. When he was still in the car himself, when the car wasn't up to the job, he had Ross Brawn at the pitwall thinking up a sneaky strategy and he obligued by putting it into reality by driving like his pants are on fire. He now comes to realize, that while he may be good at realizing a good strategy, he is rather hopeless at thinking them up.

With Kimmi looking rather lacklustre for quite some time already, it wouldn't perhaps be the worst idea to put the iceman on an elongated vacation and get the old man back behind the wheel, as he obviously is better there than behind the pit wall. What Ferrari needs is good personell in the strategy departement. Now we get to see how much of a difference the Brawn-Schumacher tandem made. They were the core of the team, and that core is gone, so Ferrari looks what it quite frankly is, a hollow shell. :(

Nah he's just a bad adviser. Schumacher doesn't understand the concept of second place and beyond. Its tough for him, he just thought you go to qualifying, do some laps, then go to middle seat in the press conference talk about some German stuff.

Then on race day you do some more laps, then you once again talk about German stuff in the middle seat of the press conference. BUT, you've also got to stand in the middle 'seat' of the podium and spray stuff.

Sometimes when he came 2nd or 3rd Ferrari would have to tell him the middle seat was broken and to use the one to the side. So his advice is always really bad.

"yo are you doing the laps Kimi?"
"Just do all the laps Kimi"
"Make sure to do all the laps Kimi"
"Don't forget about the laps Kimi"
"The laps"

Ferrari is in deep trouble if it tries to employ the services of one of its former champions, but without success.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this season is starting to look like 1992 for Ferrari? They had Niki Lauda as an advisor at that time.

It's not that bad yet.

When you see Ferrari mechanics drinking wine in the pits again, then worry.

But I agree that since Schumacher, Todt and Brawn left Ferrari as driver/strategist/mastermind combination, there is certainly a widening intelligence gap.

None of the current team members has the talent or the abilities to shape a winning team - which is what Schumacher did, when he joined Ferrari. He came to Ferrari from Benetton, having won the championship twice before.

Back then Ferrari was a loser team. Schumacher wanted to make Ferrari great again. He could have had it a lot easier and probably wouldn't have won only 7 but rather 10 championships, if he stayed with Benetton at the time.

Which other world champion would freely go to a weaker team after winning two championships? Alonso? R?ik?nnen? Hamilton? Gimme a break.

Which other top driver would put his heart and soul into turning a downtrodden racing team into a winning team against all odds? Let's face it: Most drivers are basically mercenaries who drive for the one who pays most and/or promises the best opportunities to win races. Driver and team are two different entities in most teams and lack the symbiotic relationship of the Schumacher/Ferrari combination.

Schumacher could have failed greatly with Ferrari and buried his career with it. But he didn't. He believed in what he was doing pulled it off. You have to be aware of that in order to understand why Ferrari rose like Phoenix from the ashes after Schumacher joined the team. No other driver in the current field has these abilities nor the personality.

Ferrari is currently still taking profit from the legacy of the Schumacher gang. Everything Ferrari is today, is based on Michael Schumacher. Not only in the racing sector but also the success and clear improvement of the sports car section of the company since the early 1990's is built on his success.

But with the Schumi team gone and Schumacher only working as an "adviser" now, Ferrari has lost the secret of its success and starts to slowly erode again.

Last edited:
I do think that if Ferrari would give anyone the boot right now it would be Kimi over Massa. ;)

It's hard to say. Both have their little quirks. But I think the main fault isn't with the drivers. Compared to Piquet or Nakajima, they're fine. But it's the strategists that need a good revision

It's hard to say. Both have their little quirks. But I think the main fault isn't with the drivers. Compared to Piquet or Nakajima, they're fine. But it's the strategists that need a good revision

I like that, it's a really nice way of putting it! :D

I actually think both drivers are doing fine, but, as weird as it sounds, both are being let down by the team. majorly. given a running car both seem to be able to produce results but the Ferrari reliability the past couple of seasons was not good enough and both drivers lost many many champ points due to car failures. Strategy isn't exactly working since Todt left as well and what ur left with is 2 drivers making the best out of not too good of a mix.

The problem lies with the team and not the drivers and I'm pretty sure the team can see this as well. Both drivers have a safe seat in that team.

Yeah the pace of the Ferrari isn't bad. I rank it 5th, having just about the same pace as BWM-Sauber. It's just hampered by poor reliability and rubbish tactics. And Ferrari said even last year when Kimi was lacklustre, that the team is very satisfied with it's drivers. On another point, I hope You all know that the KERS in Kimi's car broke, that's why he was in the Ferrari facilities having a nice cooling ice cream and a coke. He wasn't there just because he didn't want to get wet. (I'm not saying it wasn't a funny sight, because it still was :D)

Last edited:
^ I think you mean 'sight'. :p

Let's just Ferrari get their issues settled. At this rate, I don't think even Alonso wants to join them

^ I think you missed the word "hope" :p

As someone already said, it's good that when Ferrari can't challenge for wins or podiums, they can provide entertainment in other forms. What will they do in Shanghai? Kimi wears a gorilla suit again? They give out free ice creams to everyone?

Last edited: