The End Of An Era: FinalGear.com's Main Site Retired, Forums Will Live On

Sorry to hear this, your links were what allowed me to discover this great show in the first place. It makes sense to just keep the forums up, but I hope you still post TG related news as you have been.

It's sad this it's come to this. Massive thanks to those who contributed their time and effort to running the site over the years. You are part of the global phenomenon that is Top Gear.

Thank you, that's all there is to say. It's sad but understandable to hear that the main site will be discontinued but I'm glad that the forum will not be affected by that. Although I'm not a regular poster any more it's great to follow what everybody's up to.

didn't come to forums very much, but visit the site since 2005.

Thanks Finalgear.

It's so sad :( Ruefully. It was such a joy when you were with us. Thank you for all those years.

It's a little sad it had to come to this, but I always supposed it was one day inevitable. But I say it's only "a little sad" since the forums and community that make this site what it is will still be online and isn't affected. When I first joined in 2006, FG was pretty much the only way I could get my Top Gear fix, but these days it's easy for me to get access to Top Gear and Fifth Gear episodes myself. (UK VPNs FTW). I'll still be around the forums, as I've rarely gone to the main site anyway, except to download episodes of Top Gear or Fifth Gear. A bit sad this day finally came, but at least we still have this forum and great community to discuss the show, cars and other things we collectively enjoy.

Shame it happened. I've not been an active member but I've shadowed the site as well as the forum for a long time.

Thanks for making it happen Viper and thank all you members for showing me that there are others with similar addictions to mine :)

I am very sad to see this site go Form only. I loved FinalGear.com. Information was/is always best served with fantastic support by all it's members.
Your site had a fantastic run and was appreciated by all it's members.
Thank you so very much.
Most of all I will miss the home page support/count down timer......on when our beloved episodes of TG is on.
Cheers from Canada......eh!

Almost off work, bored. I was thinking why not check how long till the next season of TG. Then I was redirected to here. Never been a fan of forums but I would liketo say thank you for all the ppl that support or host or anyone that supported about Finalgear.com. Really appreciate of your work!

What a bunch of gits! Was not causing any loss in revenue to the BBC, if anything your site was assisting by publicising TG. Anyway. ...

Thanks Viper, I wish you and everyone else involved with the site all the best for the future.

Thanks to Viper, Quicky, and others who made this site a great resource over the last decade.

I understand where they are coming from, but in hindsight, this forum was invaluable advertising for them to which it has made everyone over at Top Gear famous and some individuals, extremely wealthy.

Some can't get access to these program and they come here for source. Untapped market. They may not see the show on TV, but could buy the Top Gear T-Shirt at the department store.

"Jerry Seinfeld: There was a kid couldn't have been more than ten years old. He was asking a street vendor if he had any other bootlegs as good as Death Blow. That's who I care about. The little kid who needs bootlegs, because his parent or guardian won't let him see the excessive violence and strong sexual content you and I take for granted."

I don't want to debate over the illegal issues of downloading the content, but if you were downloading it and selling it to make money, then that is a no-no! They are the individuals who are profiteering from the BBC. I'm sure most of us here don't make money off Top Gear shows.

At least us car-nuts stick together. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the fantastic effort you guys have put in over the years. Lots of ppl got lured into TG because of this site and its easily accessible torrent list, they stuck around because not everyone has access to BBC TV and also because no one is interested in those "shameful display" international versions with the terrible music redubs. Still, those new fans bought DVDs, fan gear and went to shows.

While they're technically in their right (and are sortof forced to pursue any and all incidents) I can't see it as anything other than an "overzealous clueless clown follows rules, not realising he's shooting himself in the foot". Perhaps Jezza would be willing to make a factual, not entertaining, comment on it all. Off the record of course.

Last edited:
Sad to hear that!:(
Thanks all make us have a good time with TOPGEAR.....:rolleyes:

From Malaysia Topgear FAN

Very sad day :(. This site is the reason I'm a top gear fan. Came here by sheer luck and never left. Thank you all for your hard work!