The End Of An Era: FinalGear.com's Main Site Retired, Forums Will Live On

I randomly found your site around 10 years ago and I have been regularly visiting since then. Thank you for all the time and effort dedicated to TopGear, I am a fan because of this site. If the show knew how many of us rely on you to watch it they would not be doing this. Thank you

Thanks for all the efforts over the past years. I found this site by coincidence, and it was this site which brought me close to Top Gear.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the hard work over the years; I loved going to your site every so often and getting the latest updates on Top Gear.

Thanks Viper and others for the great work you've done over the years. It's been and it still is an absolutely fantastic site for any Top Gear enthusiast such as myself (A regular visitor, though not so regular poster).

It is indeed a very sad day to hear the main site being gone. The copyright side of things is kind of understandable, however it is greatly unappreciating the bigger picture and how much the show has gained loyal fanbase via this site.

I really hope that Jezza and the boys take this takedown as a part of the news segment in the upcoming series 22 and make some comments in their usual fashion.

Glad to hear that the forums are still live and kicking so there's still some place where all the Top Gear information can be hoarded.

Dang, this sucks. I hate the way BBC America edits the UK show. Thanks for all your hard work!

Many years of gratitude. Wish I said thanks more often.

jqtikk.jpg

Back in the fall of 2008, this Not A Dude found this site because she'd watched some middle-aged dudes racing from Heathrow to Oslo on BBCA and had to find more episodes, then joined the forums in November of that year to interact with you lot. Six years on, I may lurk more than post, but I'm still thankful for everything that got put into the site that helped others like me discover Top Gear.

:cheers:

Reactions: TC
Rubbish and Blast. Etc.

Thank you very much for an epic site. Turned many friends on to TG here. It was also a check on people that claimed to be hardcore fans. It was a great place to see the real episodes not the edited rubbish we get here. They should support the site and it's reach not neuter it.

Thank you for the effort

I would like to express my gratitude to FinalGear for making it a great source for finding Top Gear episodes, it is sad to see the main site go but guess there is no other options. :(

Thank you for taking the time and effort to create such a wonderful environment for all motoring enthusiast to congregate and enjoy.

I may not have posted much on the site but I have been a long time lurker, procrastinating by spending countless hours browsing through pages and pages of content when I should have been doing other things...

Warmest and BIGGEST thank you for this amazing forum!

This has been very sad couple of days. First Jules Bianchi, then Adrea de Cesaris and now finalgear.com as well! Where is this world going to?
I probably get flamed by saying this but...
Thank you again Americans for killing yet another entertaining and beautiful thing. Yes I blame you all because you call your self a democracy, and in democracy the people elect their government and so are responsible of their governments actions. Yes I blame you for not looking after your government and letting it rampage all over, killing, destroying and spoiling everything it touches. The United States of America I grow to know and admire is long gone. I see it now days as big crook and bully, that makes all of our lives miserable in this planet and this makes me very sad. Most of the Americans I have come to know and have met are not bad people, maby litle america centric and some what ignorant (Well, what one can expect whit their education and non-stop TV propaganda?), but still lovable and caring people. It amazes me that they let they government do and support such absurd things as Guantanamo bay, war on (self inflicted) terror and DRM BS. You should really take back your beautiful country from these capitalistic corporate crooks!

I am really doubtful that this DRM take down will increase their profits, rather the opposite. I am not going to buy anything Top gear related stuff any more, ever. I have been supporting them, by buying DVD's and other merchandise in support, because I am unable to watch the series "legally". This all stops now.

I am really grateful to the site admin for making this awesome site available to us for this long. It must have been hard work. If you ever happen to visit Helsinki I will definitely buy you lot of beers in gratitude. I hope you did not take my U.S.A rant too hard. It was aimed more to the general public than you personally.
Death of the torrent links is not actually big deal to me as I have been using USENET for years now, but still the principle of the whole thing makes me sick. I hope you enjoy all the spare time you now have in absense of the main site. I hope meny good years in the future for the forums, as even though I have not registered earlier, I have still been enjoying the conversations for years now. Thank you all for everything.

Permission to say cock.

Been following, but not posting, for many years. Thanks for keeping the site alive, it was part of my weekly routine for many years.
Once again, thank you.

I don't post a lot on the forum, however i do randomly read through the Top Gear news :)

I also just wanted to say thanks for all the old Top Gear episodes, I got in to Top Gear around series 9 and loved it! (every episode in that series had some awesome challenges), after watching series 9 i downloaded the previous 8 series from hear and have been hooked on Top Gear ever since.

Thank you for your work, you created a meeting point for all top gear fans worldwide. I guess a lot of us also discovered other motoring shows.
I remember when the site came up, finding old and new episodes was quite a lot of work. Torrents were just starting to become mainstream, ftp's were quite a closed club and we were often watching poor vhs rips lol.
Now the times have changed and it's a shame that white collars crusaders don't understand how modern world works. Nowadays anyone can access almost everything easily.

Maintainig the site as it was is not worth the risk, so it's a wise decision to stop before getting more trouble.

Thank you again for all those years and i hope the forums will stay around and alive for a long time.

Aw man, now I need to change my bookmark. :(