The End Of An Era: FinalGear.com's Main Site Retired, Forums Will Live On

I still remember that page with the long list of episode links before it became more organised with nice pictures and episode descriptions. Shame to see all that work go away but Viper and the others can be proud of the fact they helped to spread the Top Gear name and for creating a home where car lovers from all over the world can gather around to discuss various things. I'm truly thankful for that.

:cheers: here's for another decade of FinalGear!

Thank you - from Austria

Thank you - from Austria

That is - indeed - a very sad thing.
I depended on your work, because in Austria there is no chance to view Top Gear. Just with a delay of years, with crappy overspeak-synchronisation, some episodes dripple in her on some private stations, I could watch :(

Thank you again for your great work!

Oh hay i made it to the front page :lol:

I have never been so mad about a takedown order in my life... I lurk a lot around here and don't post a whole lot, but man this is just infuriating. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to do ONE MORE VERY SIMPLY STEP to find the Top Gear that I need and will not be denied. Doesn't really bother me much, but it's a huge bummer for others less able or willing to search elsewhere.

Sad

Sad

indeed - i will had to said very sad thing, Thank you again for your great work!

Such a sad day.. This was the source for when things were being aired and now almost 10 years of being here on the back ground, sad to see things have come to this..

i just signed to say thank you very much to all of you who made this site possible.

for years final gear was my right direction when i needed my top/fifth gear"fix".
in japan they are not syndicated and you cant barely find dvds of the shows.

seriously sucks to read these news.

Sad to hear this as I've used this site for about 10 years for the TG news, Episode listing, convenience of downloading TG Episodes and the timers.
Thank you for having kept the site going all that time.

Well Cock.

I used to come here for the original, un-edited BBC airings since the ones I bought on iTunes were always modified. That way I had the best of both worlds (legal, and grey-area but original).

Well that was a bit of a shock. Thanks everyone for it all while it lasted!

Thank you for the encylopedia

Thank you for the encylopedia

Guys, Great work on FG. Had to register to drop in a note of appreciation.

I stumbled across Top Gear when looking out for some car reviews in 2006. It was a good source of information on cars, they get right on to the strong points of the car's character, despite the fact that you often have to filter out the biased remarks based on the presenter's preferences. Else I would have to make do with the seemingly alien language of "Best Motoring" videos as I do not understand Japanese. Also, they did some crazy stunts back then and it was hilarious!

Loving it and with a little more searching, found this great site FinalGear.com. It was the best source of Top Gear information. The discussions were endearing, fueled by the community's love for the series. The pre-episode sneak peeks. Updates on Richard Hammond after the dragster crash. The episode countdowns. Also, TG What's that song, THAT was a treasure trove!

Let me take stock over the years. Couple of Top Gear DVDs (the deleted scenes are really worth it), Top Gear magazines. A significant collection of Ludovico Einaudi CDs, some Vaughan William, Craig Armstrong, etc.

I am pretty sure that the FG site played a strong role in helping Top Gear achieve the often boasted "350 Million views" worldwide, and probably not get paid for it. But alas, BBC had to come here to kill off one of its advocates. *facepalm moment*

To the FG team, thank you all for the hard work. It has been a great run. You guys rock!

To the folks who ran FG, thank you very much. I wandered by a few years ago in search of unedited episodes and found this place.

I don't post too much because of RL obligations, but it saddens me to see the site go. I know there will be ways of getting my download fix, and I have liked TG on FB, so I will know when the next episode is coming out.

A shame I won't be able to pick up any of that sweet FG swag I've been meaning to get...

Last edited:
A shame I won't be able to pick up any of that sweet FG swag I've been meaning to get...

Thanks for the reminder! I've added a link to the top of the forums.

Will the Redbubble store remain or will that be going? Would be a shame if we really can't get shirts any more.

Will the Redbubble store remain or will that be going? Would be a shame if we really can't get shirts any more.

I splurged and bought 4 shirts on Wednesday for that very reason, I am not sure if it will stick around though. I couldn't justify having used this site for so long and not having an "Utter Pirates" shirt

Sean

Just want to say a big thank you to Finalgear! It has been good part of my life. I wouldn't know where to get my Top Gear fix.

I splurged and bought 4 shirts on Wednesday for that very reason, I am not sure if it will stick around though. I couldn't justify having used this site for so long and not having an "Utter Pirates" shirt

Sean

I need a new one of those, my old one has been demoted to 'wear while working on car' status because it's worn out. :lol:

If anything we need more shirts on there and without the main site we can go with more forum in-jokes now. :D