The End Of An Era: FinalGear.com's Main Site Retired, Forums Will Live On

Haven't been around in a while but do check in from time to time. I'm sad to see that this has occurred. Viper, though, deserves hearty praise! His hard work, and that of a few others, has built one of my favorite online communities. Viper turned me on to top gear so many years ago (SiN) and I'm still around in large part because of his work.

Thanks FG for being here!

Will the Redbubble store remain or will that be going? Would be a shame if we really can't get shirts any more.

It'll stick around. It pays for the servers. Infact as mentioned in the post before yours, I just added a link to the store to the top of the forums.

Hadnt been on in a few weeks. Life has been crazy lately. Add this to the sad list. Thank you for all your hard work over the years Viper. If I ever see you at an RDM I owe you a handshake. Last time I took this horrible photo of your engine and didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was yours.
untitled_by_midengine4life-d82drkj.jpg

Last edited:
I have not been around in quite a while, but I am still proudly rocking my FinalGear stickers and I am going to try to come around more often.

If I ever see you at an RDM I owe you a handshake. Last time I took this horrible photo of your engine and didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was yours.

I might go tomorrow. We'll see what the weather is doing. :)

RDM is an interesting meet. I don't think I've ever been to a meet where my car has gotten that little attention. Certainly a different scene.

I am still proudly rocking my FinalGear stickers and I am going to try to come around more often.

:thumbup:

Infact as mentioned in the post before yours, I just added a link to the store to the top of the forums.

I read that but didn't quite understand, I was looking for an announcement with the link in and didn't see it, so wondered if you meant a link on the RB store to the forums instead of the main site... or something. Glad the store is staying, I like contributing that way. :)

Thanks for everything Vipe. Good luck mate.

I read that but didn't quite understand, I was looking for an announcement with the link in and didn't see it, so wondered if you meant a link on the RB store to the forums instead of the main site... or something. Glad the store is staying, I like contributing that way. :)

No, you should be able to see a "Store" link at the very top-left of the forums. :)

Thanks Alex for getting me the fix all these years! I'm sad!.., but I understand why this time around it's not worth fighting the battle. Thank you, again!

Sad to see this happen. I only learned about TG from a friend recommending this site back in 2004(?). Since I refuse to pay Comcast ridiculous amounts of money for cable (most of which I have no interest in) I will have to try to find some other source. :(

Hate to hear this. Thanks for your years of hard work helping me get my real Top Gear fix. I wish you the best.

<ConspiracyTheory>
I bet the beeb is fishing for a way to make the TG presenters go away, since they don't just die of old age already. Therefore, they can eliminate market share and then say that the show has to go because of low ratings.
</ConspiracyTheory>

But seriously, they are only shooting themselves in the feet. Fuck FACT and fuck the DMCA/RIAA/MPAA/etc. I'll still get my episodes when and where I want, it's just going to be a little harder to find the correct high quality link.

Viper, thanks for all the years. Still considering you as a friend even if we havent talked in a long time. Just was reading the new Hot Rod and there was article about Viper engines, was thinking of you.

The show's been crap for years anyway. The forums are the only good thing left in the TG-verse. :lol:

Always those idiots projecting some lawyer dickmove onto the production team or even the hosts. Loons.

Well that's just too bad

Well that's just too bad

I've been lurking on the site pretty much since it started. I just created an account now to say thank you, this has been an amazing resource for us all.

I might go tomorrow. We'll see what the weather is doing. :)

RDM is an interesting meet. I don't think I've ever been to a meet where my car has gotten that little attention. Certainly a different scene.

:thumbup:

They certainly are an odd bunch. The rice does dominate a bit. Ive only been twice. It's nice every now and then after I've added a mod to my car or something.

They certainly are an odd bunch. The rice does dominate a bit. Ive only been twice. It's nice every now and then after I've added a mod to my car or something.

My car actually got a surprising amount of attention this past week. Still though, it's certainly a meet all about mods.