The English Countryside

Why not go somewhere nice instead? :p
Like Germany :p
You were saying?

The architechture is very awesome. Blade Runner here we come! Weeee bladerunner! Have scenery in return

BX3jA.jpg
Please tell me that is a real place, and if so, where it is.
;)

If I wasn't such a huge Anglophile and....Gaelophile (????) I would def consider Germany.

Last edited:
You can always leave it for the next time you make it over the pond and travel on a shoestring. There's nothing like dreaming of travelling.

No I'm not :p I'm already busy all day buttering up my gf :wicked:

PS: Except posting a here occasionally... of course...

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going to england/wales myself in the second week of august. I'll probably go out traveling alone (by car) this trip. I plan in staying in hostels or B&B's to meet people along my way; so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this i would be grateful :)

Well if you plan on cutting across the South of England to Wales there's a bunch of cool stuff down there like the Hill figures. There's the Uffington White Horse in Oxfordshire an' a bit further down in Dorset there's the Cerne Abbas Giant. The Long Man of Wilmington is in Sussex. I hear Bath in Somerset is really nice too, I'd love to go there meself I've never been before.
Uffington-White-Horse-sat.jpg

article-0-02AB4F2D00000578-418_468x382.jpg

Long+Man+Hill+2.jpg

An' in Wiltshire there is Stonehenge!

...where the demons dwell, where the banshees live and they do live well

Here's a way to save cash without comprimising luxury:

CouchSurf. You'll get to meet interesting people that way too. :p

Well if you plan on cutting across the South of England to Wales there's a bunch of cool stuff down there like the Hill figures. There's the Uffington White Horse in Oxfordshire an' a bit further down in Dorset there's the Cerne Abbas Giant. The Long Man of Wilmington is in Sussex. I hear Bath in Somerset is really nice too, I'd love to go there meself I've never been before.

An' in Wiltshire there is Stonehenge!

...where the demons dwell, where the banshees live and they do live well

Spinal Tap. :cool:

Bath is a nice city, I went there a few years ago (might be stating the obvious but make sure you check out the bathes if you go there)

Here's a way to save cash without comprimising luxury:

CouchSurf. You'll get to meet interesting people that way too. :p

I've been doing research on CouchSurfing, the only bad thing I've heard about it is that rape case in Leeds. Anyone have more experience with CouchSurfing?

I heard some people who have CouchSurfed actually survived.

I did that once in Chicago and had the best time ever. My hosts were the most welcoming and helpful people they could have been. I'll be visiting them again in August.