The Euro 2012 qualifying thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the pleasure of being in Northern Ireland last night. I tried to text my friend after we (Estonia) went 1:2 up, but I couldn't, because my hands were shaking that much. What. A. Feeling. Please, please Slovenia, don't let Serbia win!

Yeeeeehaaaaa! Sweden and Denmark have qualified for the championships.

Greece did as well. Can they afford it?

Cristiano Ronaldo who? :p

Great game by Denmark, really a pleasure to watch them at the moment! A win against Portugal wasn't really expected, but we Denmark was the better team on the day! Awesome to get direct qualification!

Cristiano Ronaldo who? :p

Great game by Denmark, really a pleasure to watch them at the moment! A win against Portugal wasn't really expected, but we Denmark was the better team on the day! Awesome to get direct qualification!

Well done for that! :thumbsup:

Who has qualified for Euro 2012

* Poland
* Ukraine
* Germany
* Russia
* Italy
* France
* Netherlands
* Greece
* England
* Denmark
* Spain
* Sweden

And well done to all the qualifiers, comiserations etc., to all those going home.

(Alsasandro, are you posting full results or do you want me to do them?)

Greece did as well. Can they afford it?
And they have a Portuguese manager, no less...

Tuesday, October 11 2011

Kazakhstan 0 - 0 Austria
Croatia 2 - 0 Latvia
Georgia 1 - 2 Greece
Germany 3 - 1 Belgium
Malta 0 - 2 Israel
Turkey 1 - 0 Azerbaijan
Macedonia 1 - 1 Slovakia
Republic of Ireland 2 - 1 Armenia
Russia 6 - 0 Andorra
Albania 1 - 1 Romania
Hungary 0 - 0 Finland
Moldova 4 - 0 San Marino
Bulgaria 0 - 1 Wales
Denmark 2 - 1 Portugal
Norway 3 - 1 Cyprus
Sweden 3 - 2 Netherlands
Switzerland 2 - 0 Montenegro
Italy 3 - 0 Northern Ireland
Lithuania 1 - 4 Czech Republic
Slovenia 1 - 0 Serbia
Spain 3 - 1 Scotland
France 1 - 1 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Teams in the play-off round:
Croatia
Czech Republic
Ireland
Portugal

Turkey
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Montenegro
Estonia

Last edited:
BBC Sport - Rooney sideshow the last thing Capello needs

BBC Sport said:
Fabio Capello was at home in Italy when Uefa's decision to rule Wayne Rooney out of England's Euro 2012 group games was delivered to him by the Football Association.

At that moment Capello knew his plans for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine would have to be divided into two phases. He must devise a strategy to ensure England safely navigate their way into the knockout stage, then make sure their finest player is in the right mental and physical shape to enter Euro 2012 at the sharp end.

A stupid and unecessary challenge was the cause of the ban. Seems a bit harsh, but he has got previous and maybe he will be more careful in future.

:rolleyes:

Didn't expect Croatia to win that comfortably in Turkey. I guess Hiddink doesn't do magic after all.

Croatia and Ireland look pretty well set to qualify with big away wins in leg one, and the Czech Republic are looking good too.

:cool:

Tuesday, November 15 2011

Croatia 0 - 0 Turkey
Montenegro 0 - 1 Czech Republic
Republic of Ireland 1 - 1 Estonia
Portugal 6 - 2 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Qualified teams

Hosts: Poland, Ukraine

Group Winners: Germany, Russia, Italy, France, Netherlands, Greece, England, Denmark, Spain

Best Runners-up: Sweden

Play-off Winners: Croatia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Portugal

Well, that's that. I guess I can commit myself right now to starting a new thread around the date of the final draw (December 2).

Spain, Germany, Italy and Netherlands are my top 4. I think England are getting better but no where near there as yet.

I think England are getting better but no where near there as yet.

They'll have a strong team on paper and get hyped up by the media as usual, then fall short of their expectations, like it always goes.

Germany and Spain are my big favourites. But as always with these kinds of things, nothing is probably going to go down the way you expect it to.. :p

Denmark has been doing pretty well recently, I'm certainly hoping for a strong showing :) Don't think we can pull off another '92, but you can always dream :D

* snip prediction *

Denmark has been doing pretty well recently, I'm certainly hoping for a strong showing :) Don't think we can pull off another '92, but you can always dream :D

Err, too late for a '92 repeat.

You needed to have NOT qualified, but have been next best team, be on the beach on your holidays and then have a nasty civil war start in one of the teams who had qualified.

Then Denmark WIN the Euro championship. :lol:

Err, too late for a '92 repeat.

You needed to have NOT qualified, but have been next best team, be on the beach on your holidays and then have a nasty civil war start in one of the teams who had qualified.

Then Denmark WIN the Euro championship. :lol:

How hard can that be?

Yeah, I wish I had been older when it happened, would have loved to experience it. :)

Last edited:
Italy is surprising me in a very good way. I'm very excite.

Status
Not open for further replies.