"The Expendables", could it be the most epic movie of all time?

the cast is missing:

chuck norris
the rock
Schwarzenegger
Mr.T

what-WHAT !!!

IF this comes put to be true......oh my.....and even IF it is only a cameo, still...... OH MY !!!! The Governator and Sly in the same flick....if they do put them on screen at the same time, the world is going to explode from the sheer amount of awesome !!

Though I am disappointed that Ben Kingsely is out, I like Eric Roberts but he is a bit lacking in the credibility area compared to Kingsley.

And all this are of course taken with a a few huge grains of salt until we get some more reliable sources. These kinds of news are a bit...well, attention seeking.

Edit: According to IMDB it is true !!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/news#ni0683073

Furthermore they are also saying, that Danny Trejo has a part in the movie. Also it seems that Scott Adkins has been added to the cast.

Last edited:
"The expendables" just became the most epic movie in the history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kickinass.jpg

Imagine Sly, Arnie and Dolph doing a scene.. The screen would implode!!

Imagine Sly, Arnie and Dolph doing a scene.. The screenworld would implode!!

Fixed!
world will end when this movie comes ou
I don't care that that the world will end when this movie comes out, I mean, it's not like mankind could improve on this..:cool:

We have to stop them!! The universe is not substantial enough to contain something this awesome!

If the film is finished the world will end.

I can't wait!!:w00t::drool:

jesus fucking christ.....

thats all i got

Jesus

Fucking

Christ

I must break you....

This movie has inspired me so much that I made two updated movieposters :mrgreen:
What do you guys think ? This is the first time I have ever tried something like this and don't even have photoshop :blink:

http://img155.imageshack.**/img155/81/expendables35small.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.**/img104/420/expendables4small.jpg

Which one do you think is better ? The lower one is a bit "AMERICUHFUCKYEAH" but I really like it and prefer it to the first one.

Last edited:
Moar of Sly !! Jesus christ the man is in shape.....I mean I am in (very) good physical shape..but Roc.....I mean Ram...no, Sly is just in a league of his own. AND Sly is the same age as my dad for crying out loud !! So.....so....yeah, I think I'll go hit the gym :mrgreen:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJNp2z9gQNY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

There is no audio for avanti's video, copyright issues. And I'd still appreciate feedback on my posters, so I can keep on working on those and improve.

Last edited:
I wonder if this got greenlit because of movies like GI JOE coming out.

Here's hoping this movie is as good or better as Stallone's recent flicks. It'd be awesome if this movie started a trend where studios sign on a bunch of cool names who've never been in the same movie together.

http://screenrant.com/50-cent-replacing-forrest-whitaker-expandables-rob-6215/

50 Cent Replacing Forest Whitaker In ?The Expendables??!

I am not impressed.

Sylvester?s action-packed team-up ass-kicking fest of a movie, The Expendables, is suffering through some minor start delays and shooting for the movie has been pushed back a month. Because of this, Forest Whitaker now has some scheduling conflicts and has had to pull out of the movie.

To replace him, Sly has brought in rapper 50 Cent a.k.a. Curtis Jackson.

Bad move methinks - How can you go from Oscar-winning talent to an artist of different medium who?s proven time and time again that he cannot act.

I love the idea and premise of this movie ? the use of iconic 80s action stars combined with some cool modern action stars is something that should have been done a long time ago. That being said, I was very concerned about this movie because it?s aiming for a PG-13.

A PG-13 rating for a movie about a team of mercenaries sent on a suicide mission made by Sly Stallone? What?

Well, it sounds like the idea is to let the kids see it too which to me, takes away from what it should be. Is it being made simply for monetary purposes and for the wrong audience? Combined with the reason as to why Jean-Claude Van Damme turned down the offer to be in The Expendables and seeing others drop out (Ben Kingsley, Sandra Bullock), my hopes and anticipation for this movie are dwindling.

Ain?t It Cool News reported on this yesterday and later received a message from Sly himself defending the decision about 50 Cent. In his message he also clarified the following character information:

Hale Caesar is Curtis Jackson
Toll Road (new character) is Randy Couture
Monroe is Eric Roberts
Tool (an ex-Expendable) is Mickey Rourke
Bao is Jet Li
Lee Christmas is Jason Statham
Lacy is Charisma Carpenter
Sandra is Giselle Itie (famous Brazilian actress)
And
Barney ?the schizo? Ross is Yours Truly.

My hopes for this movie was for something like Rambo but with a massive team of cool characters. I guess we?re not getting that. As for 50 Cent, if he?s playing an all out action role, he?s at least built for the part being in incredible physical condition.

Even though I?m skeptical about this movie, it?s still a must-see for me because of what it is and who?s in it - I?m sure many others feel the same.

What do you think of this news and the direction of the film?

Yesterday, The Expendables got its official release date of April 23, 2010.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/news#ni0714753 <== more on the same subject.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NO!! Just fucking no way !!! And PG-13 ?!? You have got to be shittin' me !!

No way Sly, don't do this, not now !!

Fuck me I am pissed off right now...

Last edited:
You might as well replace 50 cent with Xzibit...

Wow it better not be going after a PG13 movie, there is NO way to make this movie as PG13 and still be kickass. Everything about it needs to be over the top, and that includes the violence. And there is no way to have over the top violence and PG13.