The F-type thread

I think it was worth bumping this thread for this video... :)

They both do sound incredible. Luv dat noize.

But I look forward to an impartial video that isn't just 'OMFG IS AMAZINBALLS' :lol:

But I look forward to an impartial video that isn't just 'OMFG IS AMAZINBALLS' :lol:

Well, you're not going to get one that comes from Jaaaaag's PR department, like this one does. That video was a waste to post. It's a Jaaaaag supercharged V8. We know how utterly awesome and pants-creaming it's going to sound.

^ That's my point; I'm still waiting for an impartial review from some reviewing magazine or blog or whatever. I know that one's from JLR :p

Still worth posting because mmmmnoize.

I prefer the sound of the V6. Reminds me of the NSX unit.

Spotted one last night...looks really brilliant in real life!

The first reviews have started to appear on the big ol' world wide web. Tiff Needell compares it to the 911 right here:

I must admit that initial enthusiasm has turned into more of a mild disappointment. It just lacks character and soul is what I think - a new E-type it ain't. Sounds good though.

The first reviews have started to appear on the big ol' world wide web. Tiff Needell compares it to the 911 right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIlEx7h9u4U

I must admit that initial enthusiasm has turned into more of a mild disappointment. It just lacks character and soul is what I think - a new E-type it ain't. Sounds good though.

I prefer this one more. :p

I think the issue with Tiff's track comparo is that Porches are sports cars first, everything else second. But Jaguars are suppose to be posh first and anything else second. The full blown sporty versions will be the ones that should see track reviews, not the base models.

Either way, it's a gorgeous looking thing and I would take one over a 991 911 any day of the week. A 997 911... a harder choice. If Jaguar put a proper manual in the F-Type, no contest.

After watching a video of a test drive of all three versions, I was surprised that if I was in a market for one, I wouldn't go for the v8, but for the V6-S one.