The F-type thread

I do not see why a six/seven speed manual should not be put in a car like that - it's not a GT after all.

Six is more than enough. What is more important is that it has the right feel, better than that of the MX-5.

[video=youtube;s1tqzB1-SkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tqzB1-SkU[/video]

Seriosuly. Everyone's just going to stop paying attention if all they ever show is camo'd up ones

That's a Nissan 350Z front attached to an S2k body with the roof of a viper. I love renders :p

That's actually a C-X16 concept with a convertible top photoshopped on, not your typical mashup render.

^ It'll drive f'ing awesome; its a Jag after all... :lol: Agree with you on the looks though. Two front scoops looks a bit iffy; like gills only this shouldn't really be underwater.

Yeah the gills are a bit much, and also the grille opening could be smaller, like if the section above the black bar was actually the whole grille, that would look better and more Jaguar-like I think

Also needs to be BRG

I think it looks great. They came a bit close to giving it a smiley face grille, but held back enough to make it look alright. Classy enough to be a Jag, but with enough vents and hard edges to make it aggressive and modern. I definitely prefer it over the XK.

This is superb, they have basically kept all of the C-X16's design, only taken the roof off to make a roadster... In my opinion definitely the best looking Jag since the E-type, congrats Callum... :) Now the only thing missing would be giving it it's roof back...

2147396658939492607.jpg

Six is more than enough. What is more important is that it has the right feel, better than that of the MX-5.
Oh, so you've driven both then?

For me the lack of a manual is an automatic turnoff.

edit: morning me may have misunderstood? Are you saying that it has the right feel or that you're hoping it will?

Last edited:
Looks like a Maserati GranCabrio fucked an S2000.

As for the result? Me gusta.

It?s quite strange seeing a Jag so small and sporty looking. But that does not have to be a bad thing, just shows that Jaguar is ready to try something new (new for them at least).

I think the whole car has a lot of character wich is essential in this part of the market - people don?t buy that sort of car with their head, but with their gut. But saying it has character also means that I don?t think it?s good looking enough. I think the BMW Z4 or Merc SLK are better looking. A lot. Don?t get me wrong, it?s not a bad looking thing either ... but not quite on par with it?s main rivals.

Couldn't disagree more. To me it looks extremely well proportioned.

And I don't care if it's automatic. It is a Jaaaaag, y'know.