The F1 Technical Developments Thread

More importantly, why would anyone realistically want to have wrong answers?

See

Aerodynamics doesn't really 'do' approximate. Tiny variations in the flow field can dramatically alter results, so something that's being done 'as a rough estimate' is usually just wrong rather than an approximation.

and after for replies.

Didn't even read the thread at all did you.. not talking pages and pages, just 4 posts above...

NEVERMIND

Thanks for your answers :)

According to autosport's FP1 coverage: The endplates.

Courtesty of Lewis Hamilton's pal Ice-T, I present the McLaren's rear in detail (starting at 1:20):

and I'm pretty sure the music in that video sucks.

hahaha....he did have a point though. Maybe not my house(that I rent) for every item, but I imagine much of things in there are worth more then at least one of my cars.

I don't really see how that could really be an issue though. They have celebrity walk throughs and stuff all the time. None of the mechanics seemed put out or pissed off. I can't see that as being a primary motivator for Lewis looking elsewhere for a drivers seat. From my perspective, it would be a VERY bad mistake for him to change teams now. Seems like short term gain (and only possibly a gain because the new team could make a crap car next year too) long term loss. Not sure why he needs it, but to me it seems like a bargaining chip thing to get a better deal with McLaren. Silly season starts early this year.

Red Bull seem pretty committed to F1 to me, they're one of the 4 teams who haven't changed ownership/changed significantly since they came into the sport in 2005 and with the good technical team they've built, I see no reason to not be front runners for the forthcoming future.

Red Bull seem pretty committed to F1 to me, they're one of the 4 teams who haven't changed ownership/changed significantly since they came into the sport in 2005 and with the good technical team they've built, I see no reason to not be front runners for the forthcoming future.

Agreed. But McLaren will always be a front runner, so why jump ship when McLaren can constantly deliver a fast race car to their drivers.

What you guys are saying does make sense, but on the other hand Hamilton doesn't want to finish second all the time. And you you have to go back all the way to 2007 to find a year when McLaren had the outright FASTEST car. And even there Ferrari were quicker towards the end. FOr a driver like Hamilton it doesn't really make a difference if he is consistentently in the top 5 of the championship every year when he's not winning any of them.

I don't think he should move, but this may be going through his mind...

Well Red Bull apparently don't want him because they already have Vettel, Ferrari are an unlikely option while Alonso remains there and who else is there?

I would fuckin' lol if Hamilton moved to Ferrari but, at the moment that doesn't make sense at all. Cause at the moment, I feel like that would be taking a 1/2 step back for him and who knows how soon Ferrari will get its shit together. One thing is for sure though, they need to move Massa; I love the guy but since his accident, we've only seen blips of his old self.

My main point was that with all the regulation changes and such coming up, its kind of a crap shoot on who will come out ahead. Obviously with Newey at the helm, Red Bull has as good a chance as any other team to come out ahead. That said, they could also fail to come up with the double diffuser or blown exhaust of the next generation of cars.

I've just seen the tactic of switching to a team because their current car is a winner come back to bite the next year when its either a bad car or even not the one that will guarantee wins. I think Red Bull will be consistently in the top 4 for the foreseable future, but Mclaren has been there for decades. Hamilton would be silly to let the relationship he has built with Mclaren go just because they couldn't give him a championship winning car for the last 2 years.

My main point was that with all the regulation changes and such coming up, its kind of a crap shoot on who will come out ahead. Obviously with Newey at the helm, Red Bull has as good a chance as any other team to come out ahead. That said, they could also fail to come up with the double diffuser or blown exhaust of the next generation of cars.

I've just seen the tactic of switching to a team because their current car is a winner come back to bite the next year when its either a bad car or even not the one that will guarantee wins. I think Red Bull will be consistently in the top 4 for the foreseable future, but Mclaren has been there for decades. Hamilton would be silly to let the relationship he has built with Mclaren go just because they couldn't give him a championship winning car for the last 2 years.

Then again, Ham isn't what you call a smart person.

^ I wouldn't necessarily say not being smart. Irrational is the better way to put this. He lets his emotions get in the way and driving angry or frustrated does not help at all. Ham is better when calmed down and thinking clearly, hell that could go for anyone else in the field. Concentration is what it is all about.