The FinalGear GT3 World Championship Discussion

Loz

Discussed during the Sept 2nd FLeMons race, expanded to here, it's the FinalGear GT3 World Championship discussion thread.

I came up with a championship idea after the FLeMons was finished. At first it was a Porsche 911 GT3 Supercup, but as not everyone has the Porsche DLC I thought about a GT3 Series. The game has many base content GT3 cars along with more added with the DLC.

Here's what i've come up with..

The FinalGear GT3 Championship

GT3 Cars with 2 Classes (explained further down)
1 Hour time limit
Custom race liveries are encouraged (but not required as not all can paint cars)
Worldwide track Calendar
Starting time for races: TBA
Possibility of a Saftey Car and Rolling Start

Car List

GT3 Factory

Audi R8 LMS
BMW Z4 GT3
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe (Both)
Ferrari 458 Challenge (maybe)
Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes Benz SLS GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (both 2011 cars)

GT3 Privateer (A/S Class cars upgraded to GT3 Spec)
Ascari KZ1R
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Ford GT
Lamborghini Superleggera 570-4
Lexus LFA
Lotus Evora T124
Maserati MC GT4
Nissan GTR V-Spec
Wiesmann GT MF5 (2010)

Click Here for required upgrades!

Provisional Track Calendar

Catalunya
Hockenheim
Indy
Infineon
Laguna Seca
Mugello
Nurburgring G.P
Road America
Road Atlanta
Twin Ring

Participants/Numbers

matchan_3 - 3
Chaos - 7
tobZZen - 8
XJSV12 - 13
Loz - 16
wheelz2448 - 24
Aaybad1 - 27
Donnington - 33
Matt2000 - 42
MadCat360 - 78

The idea behind the 2 classes is that people may not have some of the DLC with the GT3 cars, so adding the Privateer class give a bit more choice for people without DLC. There is still some testing to be done on the Privateer cars to get them roughly equal to the Factory cars. The car and track lists are still quite W.I.P.

Discuss...

Last edited:
I'm loving the idea of being able to go racing in some cars that are specialized for just that (more or less). As for the rolling start/safety car, there doesn't need to be a dedicated safety car driver as long as everyone can hear the voice chat. It can be done like in the old NASCAR Sim Racing servers I used to play in, where the leader paces the field and just goes after the pace car would have pulled off (so the last couple corners or whatever).

And as for the car list, I don't really know much about GT3 cars, so as long as they all get around the track at roughly the same pace, it should be fine.

Most of the cars have the same power, one or two may have more, but it's balanced out by the weight of the cars. A rolling start could be done without a saftey car, just need to trust everyone else to not race from the green light.

I've come up with a few mandatory stickers for the cars...

Audi_R8_GT3_1_copy.jpg

A Fac (orange) and Prv (blue) to denote the class and a number plate for numbers. I'm happy with the two stickers so if anyone wants to come up with a better plate, go ahead :).

sounds great, it will be a nice change from slow to really fast. And for this race can we have abs turned on, its gonna take some time to get use to a fast race car and no abs, just a opinion. I'm not that good like you all i would like to have a chance, maybe.

Looking forward to this, the only problem I have is that I never have enough credits to buy a GT3 car. As soon as I get some credits I always waste it on cars that I don't really need and then I sell them :). But hopefully I will be able to save up some credits and buy me a GT3 car or else I can be the safety car. :)

Another plus for the Privateer class is that if you can't afford an actual GT3, you can run one of the others as they are substantialy cheaper.

As much as I run out of talent when driving fast cars this should be great. I'll probably buy the Porsche pack with the new DLC tonight anyway, but I like the idea of going in as a privateer using the Ascari or whatever.

I like the door stickers too, nice design. :)

Another plus for the Privateer class is that if you can't afford an actual GT3, you can run one of the others as they are substantialy cheaper.

Apperantly my brain farted when i wrote that and totally forgot about that solution. Thanks for reminding me :p

Here'a a preview of the "Prv" sticker with the number plate.

Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_1_copy.jpg

I'll post a list of upgrades for the Privateer cars soon.

The only things the privateer stickers are missing are bubbles in them because we're all too incompetent to put them on properly. :|

If only I was that good at sticker making.

If anyone still wants to have a go at making a number plate, go ahead. I've based my one on the official FIA GT3 one, but it's only for the left of the car as I can't mirror it right.

Yeah I'm loving the sound of this. Should hopefully be some excellent racing, a bit like the old days on GTR2.

A mildly upgraded F430 Challenge laps very similarly to the Audi on most tracks (at least with me driving it) but does suit my style more than the others, so I think this shall be my steed for when the time comes:

FTH430.jpg

Just a quick question. When you say A/S class cars upgraded to GT3 spec, what exactly is GT3 spec? I would assume roll cage and max weight reduction, but are there other upgrades?

I class GT3 Spec as the Audi R8 LMS, McLaren MP412-C and such. So A/S cars that are upgraded to be similar to them, so 430hp ish and race stuff.

A mildly upgraded F430 Challenge laps very similarly to the Audi on most tracks (at least with me driving it) but does suit my style more than the others, so I think this shall be my steed for when the time comes

If I had a 458C, i'd see what upgrades could be done and get it similar to the other cars.

EDIT: It's highly likely that the 458C will be included with the Factory Class. Just sold a car to buy one from the AH. I've clocked it at around the same times as all the others at some tracks.

Last edited:
I'm up for this!

More interest! Yay!

I've come up with a few more Factory/Privateer cars. The Lamborghini Superleggera 570-4 and Porsche Cayman, I made it RWD and added some stuff to make it compatible with the others. The other is the Lotus Evora T124, i'm undecided as to have this in the Factory or Privateer class as it's a mix of both.

Last edited:
The only things the privateer stickers are missing are bubbles in them because we're all too incompetent to put them on properly. :|

The pros get that too, they just care enough to bring needles to deflate them. :D

Here's a list of upgrades that need doing to the cars to make them the same...

Factory

BMW Z4 GT3: Race Brakes.
Dodge Viper Comp Coupe (Both): Race Brakes.
Ferrari 458 Challenge: Race Transmission, Race Aero
Mercedes Benz SLS GT3: Race Brakes.
McLaren MP4-12C: Race Brakes.
2011 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Both): Race Driveline, Race Brakes.

Privateer

Ascari KZ1R: Sport Air Filter, Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race ARBs, Race Chassis/Rollcage, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 295 Front Tyre Width, 345 Rear Tyre Width, Race front Bumper.
Aston Martin V12 Zagato: Race Air Filter, Race Fuel System, Race Ignition, Race Exhaust, Sport Valves, Race Oil, Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 295 Front Tyre Width, 325 Rear Tyre Width, Street Front Bumper, Sport Rear Bumper, Street Side Skirts.
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe: Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Chassis/Rollcage, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 285 Front Tyre Width, 335 Rear Tyre Width, Race Front Bumper, Race Wing.
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: Race Camshaft, Race Oil/Cooling, Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 285 Front Tyre Width, 345 Rear Tyre Width, Race Bumper, Race Wing.
Ford GT: Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 255 Front Tyre Width, 355 Rear tyre Width, Race Front Bumper, Race Wing.
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 570-4: RWD Conversion, Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 255 Front Tyre Width, 305 rear Tyre Width, Race Front Bumper, Race Wing.
Lexus LFS: Race Flywheel, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 305 Front Tyre Width, 345 Rear Tyre Width, Race Bumper, Race Wing.
Lotus Evora T124: Race Manifold/Throttle Body, Race Valves, Race Oil/Cooling, Race Brakes.
Maserati MC GT4: Race Manifold/Throttle Body, Race Fuel System, Race Cams, Race Brakes, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Diff,
Nissan GTR V-Spec: RWD Conversion, Sport Fuel System, Sport Exhaust, Street Valves, Sport Intercooler, Race Flywheel, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Weight Reduction, Race Tyres, 285 Front Tyre Width, 315 Rear Tyre Width, Race Front Bumper, Race Wing, Top Secret Rear Bumper, Top Secret Side Skirts.
Wiesmann GT MF5 (2010): Race Air Filter, Race Exhaust, Race Flywheel, Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race ARBs, Race Chassis/Rollcage, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Diff, Race Tyres, 285 Front Tyre Width, 315 rear Tyre Width, Race Front Bumper, Race Wing.

More will be added once I sort them out. I will also share a few on the FGRG Clubhouse.

Last edited:
Are the stickers up on the storefront? I looked last night, but didn't see anything under your name. Don't rush btw, I'm just a bit excited to finish up my Mclaren :lol: