The FinalGear Historic Touring & Sportscar Championship Discussion

Is the race still going ahead tonight? I'm not entirely sure I feel like racing tonight after being out all day lugging Land Rover parts around a showground. What time are you aiming to start?

Had to cancel tonight unfortunatly, i'm helping out around the house.

Sorry about the late warning, I tried posting earlier, the post didn't go through.

Had to cancel tonight unfortunatly, i'm helping out around the house.

Sorry about the late warning, I tried posting earlier, the post didn't go through.

No problem, convenient that I don't feel much like it anyway. Looking forward to next week though. :)

Hopfully we will be doing the Historcs that was planned last week.

I was soo close to having cancel this weeks Historics too though, my internet died on Friday night and only just came back about 10 mins ago.

I probably won't be here today. End of the semester soon so I'm getting loaded down with group projects and the like. <_<

Don't think I'll be along tonight either, managed to get myself all diseased again...

I will be on tonight, but just for the main races. Don't expect me to say much though, you won't be able to fully understand me anyway. :D

Was a productive few hours.

I think we'll be grouping some more cars with the Historics Series, a new class that runs on its own. Late 80's/Early 90's Touring Cars. Things like the BMW E30 M3 and Mercedes 190E were very well matched.

If anyone wants to do some testing, I came up with some quick guidelines. RWD cars can have upto 250HP while 4WD can have upto 230HP. Sport tyres and Race Suspension. Race Rollcage and Weight Reduction, aswell as things like Race Clutch, Flywhere and Drive. Street Transmission seems like a good idea too.

Last edited:
I think last night's racing with the E30, the Sierra and the 190 was some of the best we've ever done. It was great to see the entire grid race together, set close lap times and no single car come out as the dominant.

I don't think adding a few similar cars (The Delta, Legacy etc) would change that either.

Having tested a few cars with exactly the same upgrades each, the 230HP 4WDs were setting times almost exactly the same as the RWD cars at Tskuba. More testing is needed though.

Here's a provisional list of cars...

BMW E30 M3
Mercedes Benz 190E Cosworth
Ford Sierra Cosworth
Lancia Delta
Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
Toyota Celica Supra
Ford Mustang (Fox/90's one)

Last edited:
That's a nice list, I wonder how much the Alfa understeers. :D

Next week we'll break out the brand new cars. All upgrades are a few posts up. I made a modification to them, instead of Sport Suspension, we'll use Race Suspension.

Track will most likely be Nurbs National.

I'll be there. I might have to get a random livery though, as I've not had time to properly make one.