The FinalGear Historic Touring & Sportscar Championship Discussion

Loz

Welcoce to the Finalgear Historic Touring & Sportscar Championship discussion thread.

With The GT3 Championship having ended for the forseable future, we need something to replace it. It was decided after a few weeks of asking during races that it was decided that its replacement will be a form of historc racing.

Here's the (provisional) rules.

Finalgear Historic Touring & Sportscar Championship Rules

Historic Cars with 2 Classes (explained further down)
Spec "Sprint" race followed by the "Feature" race.
Custom race liveries are encouraged (but not required as not all can paint cars)
Worldwide track Calendar
Starting time for races: 9pm GMT
Rolling Start​

*Subject to change.

As the car list is going to be rather large, i'll make a new post with the list and upgrades.

Last edited:
Here's how the car list is going to work. All cars will be split into two categories, Touring and Sport. All cars in each class will have 4 required upgrades (Race Rollcage, Race Flywheel, Street Tyres, Race Weight Reduction). Touring Class will have a maximum PI with the required upgrades of C425. Sport with the required upgrades will be from C426 to roughly A570*. Minor performance mods are allowed (Light to Med engine and Sport type chassis upgrades*).

Car List

Class: Touring

Alfa Romeo: Giulia GTA, Montreal.
AMC: Pacer, Gremlin.
Austin-Healey: Sprite, 3000 MKIII.
BMW; 507, 3.0 CSL, 2002 Turbo.
Buick: GSX.
Chevrolet: Corvair, '53 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '69 Camaro Z28, '69 Camaro SS Coupe, '66 Nova SS, '70 Chevelle SS, '69 Nova SS, '70 Camaro Z28, '67 Chevelle SS.
Dodge: Charger R/T.
Ferrari: Dino 246.
Ford: Pinto, '65 Mustang GT Coupe, XB Falcon, Mustang Mach 1.
Jaguar: XK120 SE, E-Type.
Lacia: Stratos.
Lotus: Cortina, Elan, Eleven.
Mercedes-Benz: 300SL, 300 SEL.
MG: MGA, MGB.
Nissan/Datsun: 510, Fairlady Z 432, Skyline 2000GT-R.
Plymouth: Barracuda, GTX 426 Hemi.
Pontiac: '65 GTO, '68 Firebird, '69 GTO Judge, 69 Firebird Trans Am.
Porsche: 914/6, 550 Spyder.
Shelby: GT-500KR, GT500 428CJ.
Toyota: 2000GT.
Triumph: TR3B.

Class: Sport

Alfa Romeo: 33 Stradale.
AMC: Javelin-AMX.
Aston Martin: DB4 Zagato, DB5, DBR1.
Chevrolet: '70 Corvette ZR-1, '67 Corvette Stingray.
De Tomaso: Pantera.
Dodge: Charger Daytona, Challenger R/T.
Ferrari: 250 Testa Rossa, 365 GTB/4, 250 GTO.
Ford: Mustang Boss 429.
Jaguar: D-Type
Lamborghini: Miura.
Maserati: 300S.
Mercedes-Benz: 300 SLR.
Mercury: Cougar Eliminator.
Plymouth: Cuda 426 HEMI.
Pontiac: '73 Firebird Trans Am,
Porsche: '73 911 Carrera RS.
Shelby: Cobra 427 S/C, Cobra Daytona Coupe.​

* Subject to change.

Last edited:
We're trying our best to make these rules work as a blanket for all cars, though due to the extreme costs of the cars we can't test all of them. There will be some massive power differences at some points in the Sport class, but the goal is to make a spec that will get the ultimate lap times of the cars to be very similar on a balanced circuit that favors neither power nor handling.

For instance, I was able to make a Porsche 911 RS, Shelby Daytona and Ferrari 365 all do the same lap times (+/- 0.500 s) at 570 PI despite massive horsepower differences (Porsche 300, Shelby 390, Ferrari 500).

Last edited:
Here's what the official race plate/badge will be.

Maserati_300_S_31_copy.jpg

It will be on my Storefront shortly (for free).

I'm also gonna post this on another website I frequent to drum up more interest.

Last edited:
Having tested a few things at the latest FLeMons race. A support race recieved a large response, i've added it to the schedule. So the First race we have will be the short race with spec cars. Straight after will be the main Revival race.

Now to decide on a spec car to race. The renault Twingo went down well, as did the Clio. I've tested a few more things like the Abarth FIAT 500 (Has a real series we could base it on), a Mazda NA MX5 Spec series (also a real series). A Mini Cooper series could also work well (another real series), a Peugeot RCZ Spec (a real French championship), or a Smart fortwo championship (a real series here in the Uk and Europe).

Please tell me what you would all like here.

Out of that list, I am liking the MX5 the best but only because it is RWD. Also, the Smart is a DLC car so that might not be an option for some.

Support race, I'll run whatever is decided.

On the main race front. Is the "race rollbar" race anti-roll bars or the race rollcage?

Assuming its the cage, I've built a few cars so far that jump the C425 mark by quite a bit.
Aston DB5 - B455
Ford Boss 429 - B459
Mercury Eliminator - B472

And in the other class;
Shelby Colbra 427 S/C - A571 with required upgrades.

Last edited:
Oh, crap. I've forgotten to make any cars for this. I've got a few things to do this morning, so mine are going to be rush jobs.:lol:

I am not sure if I will be able to make it today. It's my grandma's birthday today and we're going out to eat, so depending on how long we stay at the restaurant, I might make it.

Support race, I'll run whatever is decided.

On the main race front. Is the "race rollbar" race anti-roll bars or the race rollcage?

Assuming its the cage, I've built a few cars so far that jump the C425 mark by quite a bit.
Aston DB5 - B455
Ford Boss 429 - B459
Mercury Eliminator - B472

And in the other class;
Shelby Colbra 427 S/C - A571 with required upgrades.

I should have put race Rollcage, will edit now.

And the car I couldn't test all so most were assumed to be in that class, but I will move them now.

I won't be taking part tonight. I've picked up seasonal man flu and I really don't feel like concentrating for an hour on racing. Plus I don't actually have a car ready. Have fun though.

Hmm... Might be a small race then. Might make the first race a bit shorter, 30 Mins or something.

The support race will be stock Mazda NA Miata/MX-5, until we decided the upgrades.

The first track will be Infineon IRL.

Feel a bit under the weather today, but I will do my best not to crash into anyone. :)

Glad I came along in the end, those were great races. :D

My car was crap! I need to find the time to make one that works better for me. I was almost dead last, until the Alfa flipped. :lol:

Another very entertaining race and a very promising series! My Porsche was a complete beast to drive but turned out to be rather rewarding once I got used to the whole being constantly sideways thing.

Excellent race, I need to add some concrete-blocks to the front of my 33 Stradale though. Everytime you push the throttle the frontwheels would lift of the ground and make it impossible to turn.

But other than that, I enjoyed the races very much.

The track for this weekend will be Road Atlanta, 45 mins-ish with a Spec Miata race. I will post the list of upgrades for the Miatas soon, and share one with the club.

I've been playing with a few different cars tonight, now need to decide between my '67 Corvette, my Pantera, my 365 GTB/4 or my 300S. :think:

The track for this weekend will be Road Atlanta, 45 mins-ish with a Spec Miata race. I will post the list of upgrades for the Miatas soon, and share one with the club.

Is the list of required upgrades compiled yet? And as usual, I've waited till the last minute to prepare some form of car.