The first ever Final Gear Wacky Races: Registration thread

Jay

the fool on the hill
What the heck is this crazy idea?

On Saturday April 12th at 2 PM GMT, the Final Gear forum will hold it's first ever wacky race! Think of this race as part Death Race 2000, part Cannonball run, and part Wacky Races from Hanna Barbera. Here is how it goes down:

The thread you are reading is for registration of participants and their "vehicles". On the date above, another thread will made by me and you will subsequently "race" via replys for 24 hours, until 2pm GMT on Sunday April 13th. The first person to cross the finish line (meaning the first to post at 2 PM) will be the winner. Special awards will also go to person with the silliest vehicle, most unsportsman AND sportsman like conduct, the lame loser, etc.

What do I race with?

Well, you need to choose a vehicle to race in, and this is the fun part....it can be anything with four wheels, real or imagined!...vehicles with tank treads and flying vehicles are excluded. You can outfit your vehicle anyway you want; 10,000 HP? Go for it. Gun turret? Sure! Let your imagination run wild! Also, you can have a co-driver real or imagined, famous or anonymous, dead or alive. So if you want Bill Cosby to be with you...all the better. Again, use your imagination!

How do I participate in this once I am registered?

As mentioned, I will create a thread at 2 PM GMT on Saturday, thus beginning the race. Obviously, you can't "race" for 24 hours straight....but with a little imagination, you can catch up! And you can't just post that you started the race, warped off to the finish and won. You have got to "fight it out" with the other participants.

What are the rules, if any?

-You have to participate in order to finish.
-You cannot be pissed off if someone blows you up, runs you off the road, etc. Remember, this is a silly race, if you get blown up, you can....I dunno, chant a spell and fix your car and be off again. Be creative.
-You cannot turn the thread into a flame war. Nobody wants that.
-NO IMAGES CAN BE POSTED. Everything has to be done using your imagination.
-Have fun, and be creative and funny in your posts. This could have the making of being one Final Gears most epic threads, so bear that in mind.

What is the point of this?

Several years ago I participated in a wacky race online, it was by far the funniest bit of internet participation I have had. It was also pretty neat when people start getting creative...they would pretend to break down, have sub stories during the race, dialog with their co-driver, you name it.

The First ever Final Gear Wacky Race participants are:

1)CrazyRussian540: 1938 Phantom Corsair - Jeremy Clarkson, co-driver.
2)thevictor390: Office Chair.
3)Icebone: Chariot Of Awesome - Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAANNNNN, co-driver.
4)LeMansGTR: Aston martin DB9 - Will Anderson, co-driver.
5)Whappeh: School bus - James May, co-driver.
6)American TG Man: Modified Lola B06/00.
7)Donington: Ford Granada Coupe - Tyrone, co-driver.
8)Silentjoe: pedal powered Bugatti Veyron - co-driver TBD
9)Crazyjeeper: 1949 Willys station Wagon.
10)essentialatom: Back To The Future DeLorean - Christopher Walken, co-driver.
11)The_Finn: 1980 Volvo - Odin, co-driver.
12)thedguy: Turbo Miata - The Stick, co-driver.
13)Prost264: Speedracer Mach 5 - Harrison Ford, co-driver.
14)cdbob: 1969 double decker bus - Jesus Christ, co-driver.
15)Lupin_IV: 1960 GMC Missile Carrier - "Mad Max" Rockatansky, co-driver.
16)Quiky: A combustible Prius - Tom Cruise, co-driver.
17)Red_Bull: Canyonaro - Krusty The Klown, (HEY HEY!) co-driver.
18)BlaRo: 1964 Ford Thunderbird - Khan, co-driver.
19)No Boss: Volvo 850 Estate - Rick Astley, co-driver. (watch his busy hands!)
20)chaos386: Rave 'Raffle - Alfred Hitchcock, co-driver.
21)watto: 1995 Honda Civic Coup? - Vin "I'M NOT GAY!" Diesel, co-driver.
22)Dsemaj: Daihatsu Midget II - The Stig, co-driver.
23)GT VIRUS: 1/16th model tyrell yamaha 023 - anonymous lady of the night, co-driver.
24)vikiradTG2007: Ford Focus - Perry McCarthy and/or Alain Prost, co-driver.
25)KajuN: Super Soaker powered shopping cart - Abraham Lincoln, co-driver.
26)BigDaveDogg: Inexpensive lady of the night on roller blades.
27)Labcoatguy: some big ass hovercraft (with wheels!) - John Cleese, co-driver.
28)Final Daihatsu: Daihatsu Copen.
29)ahpadt: Mini Cooper S - Lewis "I really blew it last year" Hamiliton, co-driver.
30)matt2000: Landrover LWB Series 12 - Penis Dastardly , co-driver.
31)Serj: Terex Super Titan - Merlin, co-driver.
32)toma_alimosh: Oscar Mayer Weinermobile (huh huh...weiner) - A flatulent forum member, co-driver.
33)Adunaphel: White Prussian Of Doom - Teutonic Stig, co-driver.
34)Jakifirbec: Zastava Yugo - Hulk Hogan's, mouth breathing, troglodyte Son, co-driver.
35)Gman333-X-Ferrari - The George Foremanator (Koenisegg CCXR) - LurkerPatrol, co-driver.
36)
37)
38)
39)
40)

etc....

Last edited:
Sure I'll do it. Sounds interesting.

I'll take a 1938 Phantom Corsair.
http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/5122/1805858065329256131sm3.jpg
  • Refitted with bulletproof/runflat tires, 5 inch thick steel body panels, bulletproof glass.
  • I'll swap out the engine for 2 Bugatti W16s, with a NOS system boosting it up to 2500hp. - 0-60 in 1.1 seconds, top speed aerodynamically limited to 323mph.
  • James Bond style smokescreen/oil slick/road mines.
  • LED headlights/taillights bright enough to bind someone for up to 10 minutes.
  • Black stealth paint making it invisible to radar.
  • Heat absorption system making it invisible to thermo-imagining.
  • Twin chain guns up front, and in back.

Co-Driver.... Jeremy Clarkson (with a hammer to swing at others as we pass them.... Oh, and can't forget the shotgun)

Last edited:
I just know I'm going to forget about this by the time it comes around, but I'll go ahead and enter on my office chair. Does it have to have exactly four wheels? If so I'll replace one with a ski. A really, really small ski.

I just know I'm going to forget about this by the time it comes around, but I'll go ahead and enter on my office chair. Does it have to have exactly four wheels? If so I'll replace one with a ski. A really, really small ski.

Yes, you can race even your office chair. :lol:

Guinea pig powered Charriot of Awesome with radar guided cruise pancakes and heated headlamps. :cool:

Co-driver: Captain CAAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Guinea pig powered Charriot of Awesome with radar guided cruise pancakes and heated headlamps. :cool:

Co-driver: Captain CAAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

That is what I am talking about! :lmao:

Last edited:
I'll take an Aston Martin DB9 Sport Pack then outfit it James Bond style with,

Guided Missiles
Dual Rapid Fire EMP Guns
Blast/Bullet/Nuclear/EMP/etc proof Everything
AutoPilot Mode
Remote Mine Layer
Mini retractable SAM Site in the boot
Q-Boost made from a secret substance that lasts forever and which is 1000x better than NOS which also lasts forever and finally
Plenty of modes settings to make sure it can go anywhere.

After adding these I will increase power with quad turbos and a trick boost controller which eliminates lag and ups the power to 4500BHP then I will perfect the handling with carbon ceramic brakes and a magnetic damping setup and a LSD which automatically adapts to whatever conditions are presented.

Then Inside I will have

An Entertainment Centre featuring:

A HD TV System with all the channels I like,
An on demand entertainment system which includes every single Movie/TV Show/Game ever made and every Song ever recorded
A Games System which plays any game format
A Fold out space foam bed in the back and finally
A Trick Glove Box that is operated electronically which not only has unlimited storage, but also serves as a foods system which can make any drink or meal that I like and finally has an entire wardrobe of current designer clothing for obvious reasons.

Co Driver:Will Anderson (He's a Comedian for those who have been living under a rock)

Last edited:
My car will be a School Bus that I have stolen full of elementary school kids, who are terrified.

Edit: And James May is there giving them a lengthy speech as to why they need to stay calm.

Last edited:
Nissan R92CP

[youtube]Wo1aWqD_2UU[/youtube]

vehicles with tank treads and flying vehicles are excluded.

I'm guessing that means the Mercedes CLR is excluded?

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/03/CLRflip2_000.jpg

Last edited:
Bronze Mk1 Ford Granada Coupe. With a V12 and nitro boost etc etc.

It's got nothing to do with your vorsprung durch technic, you know

Last edited:
1949 Willys Jeep Station wagon with a mid mounted 27L Rolls-Royce Merlin V12 and quad 50cal machine guns. Oh, and killer nose art :p

I'll take the De Lorean DMC-12 from Back To The Future, minus the flying stuff of course, but with the flux capacitor included. Will it work or won't it? FIND OUT THIS WEEKEND!

Are you allowed more than one co-driver? If not, I want my co-driver to be Christopher Walken And His Amazing Performing Hair. And he has Saruman's magic staff, an iPod, a bowling alley, and a large-print copy of The Three Little Pigs.

Last edited:
1980 Volvo 240 GLT wagon
Tan

Odin is my co-pilot

i cannot be stopped

I'll take the Mach 5:
pic_mach5.gif

with my co-pilot Harrison Ford:
009_422-001~Harrison-Ford-Posters.jpg

Last edited:
Well I would of taken a 240 since I actually own one, but since its taken then I will have this

1969 London Double Decker Bus
- 3 1/2 Rolls Royce Merlin Engines
- 2 Jet Engines
- Filled with the Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, The Ghosts of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra, Scott Joplin, AC/DC, and Willie Nelson featuring a special guest appearance from The who
- Has, a special tire compound that is sticky yet resistant to being shreaded, well except for crazy guitar solos, but thats a different kind of shread
- Head Lights are made of Lighthouse bulbs are are so bright that blind everybody that ever sees them, forever
- All the windows are tinted for navigation reasons
- Features Remote Control Driving so I can party with the guys and drive, a full size bar on the second floor, 20 beautiful girls for a-fucking, smoke screen, shit screen, smog screen, these little tack things used in Tomorrow never dies, Reinflatable tires, Stinger Missles, A nuclear warhead, machine guns, a Maroon 5 loudspeaker that can make people deaf who listen to it, the power of god, the power of Islam, the abilty to not be hijacked, tracked system which keeps in on the road as an advanced form of traction control, first floor is partly a mattress for sexual relations, an anti std device, no shower, a nice little spoiler, anti sway bars, racing suspesion, stickers that would of added over 5 million horsepower but the guys said it would ruin the handling, ultralight stuff in it to make the entire bus a scant 9605 lbs, which for is size is pretty good
- A front, mid, rear, ultra rear engine design
- Jets in the front that act as brakes
- Nos that adds to the Merlins to have 9000 hp out of them
- a wheelie bar
- training wheels
- built in furniture made from dead pigions and green peace presidents
- a radar detecter
- bullit proof tvs (as in the movie)
- anti bullet windows
- bullet proof windows
- bullet proof panals
- blast doors
- a superlaser
- a ultra special helper gps model 290560.5
- blast proof windows
- nuclear proof everything
- a fire extinguisher
- condoms
- a hugo boss store
- all the engines are low so she corners well
- ferrari wanker proof paint job
- paint thats radar proof and rust proof
- the ability the stop time, but we never use it since, its a real downer
- an elevator
- a complete selection of old nautical devices to steer it from upstairs
- a top speed of over 1969 MPH
- a corning rate of 69gs
- a sex rate of 69
- a ultra sex rate of 96
- willpower power
- the london big ben's spirit
- flux capacitor
- Rapid Fire EMP
- Nanotech Operated Regenerative Armour and of course
- Q-Boost made from a secret substance that lasts forever which is 1969x better than NOS
- Tons of Off road and Underwater settings to make sure it can go anywhere
- 69 logos on the side indicating the year the vechicle was made
- an ice scupture
- another jet engine
- a more thousand more horsepower from a nuclear reactor which powers the mini bar and the front wheels
- a black hole in the front that destroys a lot of stuff and makes the bus travel faster
- a supply of stuff that makes it possible to have sex for a really long time and being the best the girl has ever had
- a unlimited supply of alcoholic beverages for the bar
- a lot of weed
- a bit of weed
- some weed
- some beer
- a full selection of tvs
- stacks of amps and a full stage setup that beats those kickin' subs dat pump out da beats
- the pope
- Jesus Christ
- The Beatles reunion which brings George and John back to life for the tour
- a lot of love
- All three Koenigseggs as fifth, sixth and seventh wheels
- it runs on an ultra efficient form of fuel that means it gets about 8 billion miles the gallon

Jesus Christ will be my Co-Driver
Oh and the girls also give some killer road head, which means I get there even faster

Shes a real beaut too in a nice classic black, the colour of awesome

Last edited:
Vehicle: 1960 GMC Minute Man Missile Carrier modified to carry fuel in the missile container for minimal stops
HillField-01.jpg

Co-pilot: "Mad Max" Rockatansky
MadMax_PUB04.jpg

^^ someone's a virgin..

I probably wont be in it, but this is my racecar:

A Prius.
Made of Napalm.
Littered with bulletholes.
On fire.
With Tom Cruise in a gimp suit towing the car with dental floss.
and Max Mosley bound in duct tape in the rear hatch.